Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Version Control - SVN or GIT

AlGr
New Poster

Version Control - SVN or GIT

Hi,

is Version Control already or soon available for ctrlX PLC Engineering?

8 REPLIES 8
TheCodeCaptain
Community Moderator

Re: Version Control - SVN or GIT

Hi AlGr,

there is a Plugin from Codesys for SVN.

https://store.codesys.com/codesys-svn.html 

Regards

redford
Established Member

How the versioning of PLC projects should be carried out? A customer is currently using GIT for this and would like to continue doing so. But I couldn't find any support in the IDE.

I also did not find any source files for the POUs in the project directory. TwinCAT saves POUs in its own XML format, which is not ideal, but at least offers the possibility of viewing the code. For us it is important to be able to see the source code for commit, rebase and merges and also for the code reviews that we do as soon as a merge request of a branch has been created on GitLab. Furthermore, we have some scripts to be able to read the source code, as these extract data from our library for later building projects.

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator

Currently there are plannings at CoDeSys to create a git package for all the engineering software. I hope there will something available for ctrlX Engineering until end of this year.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator

Git extension package for Codesys is now available:

https://store.codesys.com/en/codesys-git.html

aFouraker
Long-established Member

Were you able to get this working? All I have is greyed out options.

aFouraker_0-1631624850026.png

TheCodeCaptain
Community Moderator

Hi aFouraker,

did you also purchase a license from Codesys or just the extension package?

The feature is not for free.

On my PC it is working with the version ctrlX WORKS 1.10 and a license.

aFouraker
Long-established Member

Just the extension. Which license did you purchase? I tried to install the sample license here and it did not work. 

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator

Yes. this is the correct (test-) license.

I have ordered the 1 year license and it works at my system (RM 21.07, git package 1.0.0.0, license at a dongle but the softcontainer should work too)

If you have problems with the test-license please contact the CODESYS support.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist