Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Version Control - SVN or GIT

Version Control - SVN or GIT

AlGr
New Poster

Hi,

is Version Control already or soon available for ctrlX PLC Engineering?

27 REPLIES 27

TheCodeCaptain
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi AlGr,

there is a Plugin from Codesys for SVN.

https://store.codesys.com/codesys-svn.html 

Regards

redford
Long-established Member

How the versioning of PLC projects should be carried out? A customer is currently using GIT for this and would like to continue doing so. But I couldn't find any support in the IDE.

I also did not find any source files for the POUs in the project directory. TwinCAT saves POUs in its own XML format, which is not ideal, but at least offers the possibility of viewing the code. For us it is important to be able to see the source code for commit, rebase and merges and also for the code reviews that we do as soon as a merge request of a branch has been created on GitLab. Furthermore, we have some scripts to be able to read the source code, as these extract data from our library for later building projects.

Currently there are plannings at CoDeSys to create a git package for all the engineering software. I hope there will something available for ctrlX Engineering until end of this year.

Git extension package for Codesys is now available:

https://store.codesys.com/en/codesys-git.html

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Were you able to get this working? All I have is greyed out options.

aFouraker_0-1631624850026.png

Hi aFouraker,

did you also purchase a license from Codesys or just the extension package?

The feature is not for free.

On my PC it is working with the version ctrlX WORKS 1.10 and a license.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Just the extension. Which license did you purchase? I tried to install the sample license here and it did not work. 

Yes. this is the correct (test-) license.

I have ordered the 1 year license and it works at my system (RM 21.07, git package 1.0.0.0, license at a dongle but the softcontainer should work too)

If you have problems with the test-license please contact the CODESYS support.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

I purchased this license and ran it in the previous version of the PLC application but updated to the latest version of PLC this morning and it no longer appears to be availble. Was this removed or am I missing something? 

Hi aFouraker,

did you already install package again?

You can get it here and install it via the package manager.

https://store.codesys.com/en/codesys-git.html

(Click on Versions to get the latest 1.1.0.0, seems the "download" button gives you the older one.

I have the latest CtrlX PLC 1.12.1 installed and need to install this codesys developer license. i can not find where to enter the license code (ticket). License manager is not showing under tools. 

any help will be appreciate it.

Thanks

PLC2030
Long-established Member

Hi Usalas,

in ctrlX PLC 01V12 selected CODESYS are avaialable via the ctrlX App Zone using the Rexroth licensing.
Therefore the CODESYS licensing is no more available by default.
It is planned to provide version control with CODESYS Professional also via ctrlX App Zone in the future.
Because this is not yet implemented, we will directly contact you to show you how to activate the CODESYS license as an intermediate solution.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

When will the integrated revisioning be available? Is it intended to be sold as a single license? The codesys developer license has extra items that aren't as useful but still carry a high price tag.  

Usalas
Established Member

Thanks. awaiting for your call or email

It will be available middle of this year (2022 :-)) at the ctrlX app store.

An it will be the same (Codesys professional) license.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

"Because this is not yet implemented, we will directly contact you to show you how to activate the CODESYS license as an intermediate solution."

I also would like the solution for temporary licensing. 

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

for further information how to activate CoDeSys licensing for engineering tools within ctrlX PLC Engineering see attachment .

Hi,

I installed the "CODESYS Git 1.1.0.0.package" in "ctrlX PLC Engineering v1.14.1".
I purchased a test license from CODESYS as well.
After installing the package I get following error when trying to open ctrlX PLC Engineering --> see attachment
As a result I'm no longer able to run/open ctrlX PLC Engineering.

How to proceed to install the license?
I assume ctrlX PLC Engineering is needed to install the license via "License Manager"?
Is there a work around?

Kind regards,

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@Novice1, once I had this error I had to run a repair on the installation and you must install the license before installing the package. I also was never able to get 1.1.0.0 to run, only 1.0.0.0. I am attaching that package here (unzip it). 

I hope this gets better integration because it is an awesome tool!

PLC2030
Long-established Member

Unfortunately this is a bug in CODESYS.
The solution recommended by CODESYS GmbH is to purchase a CODESYS license dongle: https://store.codesys.com/de/codesys-key.html

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Has this been integrated into ctrlX PLC? I have been using the codesys license for about a year and it is up for renewal. I would like to use the rexroth licesing if it is avaiable. 

PLC2030
Long-established Member

Licensing CODESYS Professional via ctrlX Store will not be available before Release Milestone 23/07. We recommend to purchase the renewal at CODESYS GmbH.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Hello @PLC2030, was the git licensing from ctrlx released in the 23/07 milestone yuu mention here?  

The "CODESYS professional developer edition" (including GIT) will be available in Rexroth store from end of 2023 on to start with the annually license for 2024.

Hello,

A quick folllow up whether "CODESYS professional developer edition" (including GIT) releases this year.

Thank you.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Information above is still valid.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist