Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Kiosk Mode for Panel PC

Kiosk Mode for Panel PC

Hemingway
Established Member

Hi, do anybody has approach how to autostart webiq HMI on PC panel at kiosk mode? Now, I am trying to write vbs scrypt which open Chrome at Kiosk Mode from shell:autostart but it looks week. 

5 REPLIES 5

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Just from the internet. On PC chrome has the start option -kiosk. So create a shortcut with the options described below and place it in Windows Autostart, if required.

You can use any website in the following command: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” -kiosk https://praxistipps.chip.de/ --overscroll-history-navigation=0
Google Chrome only starts in kiosk mode if no other Chrome window was previously open. To exit kiosk mode, use the key combination [Alt] + [F4].

chris-p

Hi @Hemingway ,

Our Windows-based IPCs and HMIs have the “Shell Launcher / Custom Shell” feature. Here it is possible to start a specific program (Chrome in the example) with a parameter at startup. The desktop or similar is not loaded first, but only the selected program.

If help is needed or there is interest, I can provide a few examples.

Hemingway
Established Member

Hi, @chris-p ,

Yes, please provide some examples. 

Hi @Hemingway ,

here are some example files. Feel free to contact me if you have further question.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

You can simply use our free Electron Kiosk Browser Builder you can download from https://www.smart-hmi.com/user/download/deliver/xmp/Additional%20Software/webiq-kiosk-browser-builde...

This will build a customized Chromium-based browser using ElectronJS and it will also automatically reload your HMI in case an error occurs.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist