Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

ctrlX CORE out of storage

ctrlX CORE out of storage

pacosta
Established Member

My ctrlX CORE is at 0% available storage. I cannot seem to find a place that can show me what is using the storage (apps, data, logs, whatever). I suspect some of what is taking a lot of space is the logs (I had set up logbook persistance). My questions are:

1. Is there a place where I can see storage used by app or system service?

2. How can I flush the logs (I have turned off log persistance)?

Thank you!

Pablo 

5 REPLIES 5

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Did you check if there are many apps in local storage? In the next release (RM21.11) there will be a function that shows storage allocation in more details.

I did uninstall a lot of the apps, but that did not clear space immediately. A while after that the free space went up, but I am not sure why (periodic logs flushing task ran and freed up space?) 

There are some functions which will occupy storage

• loading apps to the loacal storage (different version of apps...)
  • install apps with different versions.
  • every install creates internal snapshots (max 3) for jumping back
  • backup create some temp data (still a bug at the version 1.10, that this temp data will not cleared if you have a backup error....)

If you have uninstall apps at the next boot up the control makes a self storage cleaning (more or less succesful at this version) which will free some storage (e.g. deleting the internal snapshots, ...). Thats the reason why you see a went up of free storage after a while....

To start with a "virgin" system with the next release (V1.12 - RM 21.11) you have the possibility to install a system image.

Hope this explanation will clear some questionmarks. 🙂

Hi Jochen Mueller,

I have short memory and I want to know if there's some way to delete the things that occuped space, I don't see anything, I mean I deleted all the apps that I can, but I don't know where's the other files to delete them by example temp data from backups or snapshots, also I don't know where can I find the new version 1.12, could you help me?

I'm working with V1.10

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Jacks

Curently there is now way to delete the "internal" data I mentioned.

With the new release coming in december 2021 there is the possibility to make a factory reset via image update. With this all "internal" temp files/snapshots/... will be cleared.

The release will be available at the collaboration room probably next week...

Regards
Jochen

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist