Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Motion app fails on reboot

Motion app fails on reboot

Lauri
Established Member

Hi.

I have an issue with motion app when I'm rebooting Core. Motion app stays in Configuration/running-mode. Only way to get it to running-mode is to manually change it to running mode from Core webserver. After this everything works as it should and I can switch it between configuration and running mode. So this problem concerns only reboot situation.

Could this be some setting that I have wrong or is there any known issues in this?

I'm using V1.16 version apps.

Core is attached to 2 CtrlX Drives with firmware:  FWA-XD1-AXS-V-0308N-NN.01

Please let me know if there is some more information that I can provide.

Here is some error messages that I could catch:

error1.png

error2.png

error3.png

6 REPLIES 6

Michael_A
Long-established Member

Hello,

is the reboot by software or powering OFF/ON all devices of your testset?

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you please switch on the traces of the motion kernel, then store your AppData, generate the error again and create a system log with all messages attached?

datalayer motion tracedatalayer motion trace

Create system report version >= 1.20 via "?" symbol on the right top in your crlX CORE web UI:

ctrlX CORE web UI - create system reportctrlX CORE web UI - create system report

or in version 1.12 via the about area in ctrlX CORE web UI:
ctrlX CORE web UI - generate system report 1.12ctrlX CORE web UI - generate system report 1.12

Lauri
Established Member

This happens in both situations, on powering off of the whole setup and on only resetting the Core.

I'm not sure if the generated report is ok because it seems that when I change the trace bits false -> true and reboot they have swithced back to false. But anyways here is the generated system report.

Michael_A
Long-established Member

Hello,

can you please provide the configuration of your control.

Max1
Long-established Member

I have encounter the same issus,I want to know have you solved your issus?

Michael_A
Long-established Member

The problem here was caused by calling the fbSoERead-function during the startup of the control.
This blocked the acyclic communication which is needed during startup to read data from the drive. eg. for the axisprofile.
Solution is to wait with calling such functions until EC-Master is in state OP and do not call it cyclic.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist