Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

resources for Surface plot graph?

resources for Surface plot graph?

MrAdam1983
Long-established Member

I am not a a software developer, I am coming from FactoryTalk View Studio and have minimal VBA experince. 

I am looking to see what my options are for displaying data in a surface plot graph; the goal is display the variations in the surface of material as it moves through a production line. We have a current solution though I don't yet fully understand the "construction" of this solution, but it runs as a indepedent application in a Windows enviroment.  I am going to ask my Software development team if that is something that can be converted to work in WebIQ; I beleive if we can make it a JSON then I can bring it into the project, right? 

4 REPLIES 4

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

WebIQ features an extensive Trend Display for (near) real-time and historic data that's recorded in WebIQ's built-in recorder: https://demo.smart-hmi.com/demo-trend-display/

For displaying static data you can for example use the open-source library ChartJS which we have used in this demo:
https://demo.smart-hmi.com/chart-demo/

This demo also features a line-chart which is not shown in the demo, unfortunately:
https://www.chartjs.org/docs/latest/samples/line/line.html

How do you want to transfer the JSON data to WebIQ?

MrAdam1983
Long-established Member

I now think I am coming at this problem from the wrong angle. 

Basically what I am looking for is a solution for a visual Surface plot graph, but i need something that is very responsive as we are running material at like 500ft minute or faster. I think it will be realistic to display data that fast, our current solution barely does it; we are taking raeadings every 2 inches and displaying an average over 10 feet.

I am stumbling through this all on the fly so i am going to be asking a lot of ignorant questions until I get a better understanding. 

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

When it comes to speed these parameters influence the total performance a user experiences in the browser (this is valid for all web HMIs):
- connection (Wired/WiFi) network speed and latency between WebIQ Server and the OPC-UA Server
- connection (Wired/WiFi) network speed and latency between WebIQ Server and the client (i.e. browser)
- CPU performance: WebIQ Server system
- CPU performance: system with the browser where the HMI is displayed
- GPU performance: system with the browser where the HMI is displayed

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Have a look to this example, which collects data in the PLC and sends it via JSON string to WebIQ widget:
How-To-display-PLC-data-as-oscilloscope-or-chart-in-WebIQ 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist