Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Update HMI from 2.12 to 2.13

Update HMI from 2.12 to 2.13

Franck_FR
Established Member

I updated WebIQ server and designer from 2.12 to 2.13. The thing is that I need my projects from 2.12 to be update to 2.13. When I try to start it from my CtrlX WebIQ runtime manager, I have the message "projet version not compatible... see WebIQ designer manual chapter project list". In the manual, chapter project list, the only thing I see about uptdating project is in 2.1 -> point 3 (see screenshot below), I follow the steps, uptdate of the visual package is done. but when i publish the project to save the update, it does not work, the screen shows "publishing HMI project" and never changes (see screenshot below), I have waited half an hour, and still nothing has change. I have to restart the CtrlX.

do you knwo how to fix it ? or could you update my projects and send it me back ?

PS : I made it with 2 different projects and 2 different CtrlX... same result.

Thank's in advance,

Franck_FR_0-1676282238626.png

Franck_FR_1-1676282262848.png

Franck_FR_2-1676282318828.png

17 REPLIES 17

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Please provide the connect.log from Runtime Manager and the designer.log from the development system (%APPDATA%/webiq-designer/designer.log).

Franck_FR
Established Member

Here they are.

Designer.log comes from (%APPDATA%/webiq-designer/designer.log)

Designer2.log comes from (%APPDATA%\webiq-designer192.168.1.1-10123)

Franck_FR_0-1676288248798.png

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

These are the relevant lines from designer2.log:

[2023-02-13T09:07:35.934Z] [error] designer.dashboard.uiAction.loadApp ApiError: The HMI project could not be loaded as there already exists an active workspace for it.
[2023-02-13T09:07:37.894Z] [error] designer.dashboard.uiAction.loadApp ApiError: The workspace could not be not found.

[2023-02-13T09:07:38.794Z] [error] designer.dashboard.uiAction.loadApp ApiError: The HMI project could not be loaded as there already exists an active workspace for it.
[2023-02-13T09:07:39.821Z] [error] designer.dashboard.uiAction.loadApp ApiError: The workspace could not be not found.

[2023-02-13T09:10:37.685Z] [error] designer.dashboard.uiAction.loadApp ApiError: The HMI project could not be loaded as there already exists an active workspace for it.

[2023-02-13T09:21:30.800Z] [error] designer.dashboard.uiAction.loadApp ApiError: The HMI project could not be loaded as there already exists an active workspace for it.

[2023-02-13T10:33:10.680Z] [error] designer.host.state error retrieving workspace info: [object Object]
[2023-02-13T11:33:33.428Z] [error] designer.host.state error retrieving workspace info: [object Object]

The connect.log is not helpful, because is only contains data from last year, can you please verify the path in settings?

Can you please send the HMI via PM?

Franck_FR
Established Member

I think that theses message are connected to another problem I have :

I often want to "open the hmi" and I do the steps as shown in the screenshot below. The problem is, I can do this undefinitely it never unloads the project. The only way to unload the

Franck_FR_0-1676297150238.png

project is to restart the complete device (CtrlX), then to make the same steps described again.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Did you check if there is enough space on the disk or if it is full?

Franck_FR
Established Member

looks good to me :

Franck_FR_0-1676299161799.png

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Does that also happen if you "Publish a copy", close the project and continue using that newly copied project?

My customer is having a similar issue. Updated to 2.13 Designer and was unable to publish the project to the CtrlX Core, frozen at the publishing window. They have updated the Core app and the Designer to matching versions, and they have tried fully uninstalling the Designer software. They tried to rename the project to 'project_v2' and use 'Publish as Copy' instead of just publishing an update and that also doesn't work.

They did test creating a new blank project in 2.13 and that was able to publish without issue. But their main customer project gets hung up every time they try something to get it loaded.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

@stephenOtis Just to be sure: does "gets hung up every time they try something to get it loaded" mean that you have exactly the same issue as before with WebIQ Designer showing the message and never completing the request or do you encounter a different error message?

Please also note that uninstalling WebIQ Designer most often will not solve any issue as that will only uninstall WebIQ Designer,  but still keep the workspace directory on ctrlX which will not be affected by the uninstall process.

Can you please provide the HMI that you cannot load via a PM?

Hello,

Sorry for not being clear.
The customer is trying to publish an existing project onto a 2.13 version of WebIQ on the Core and when they get to the screen that says 'Publishing' the system hangs and never completes.

He tried to Create a new copy of the project and load as 'Publish as Copy'. That did not work as well. I know that at one point during testing they also saw the log message ' The HMI project could not be loaded as there already exists an active workspace for it.'

PM Sent with the project link to Drive

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

I saw that the project has been created with WebIQ 2.12, yet you're writing that they try to upload it to 2.13.

You cannot mixup WebIQ versions should that be the case. You cannot have WebIQ 2.13 on the ctrlX and connect using WebIQ 2.12 or vice versa. Maybe this is the issue? You can upload a WebIQ 2.12 HMI to WebIQ 2.13 with WebIQ Designer 2.13, but you cannot start it as it needs to be updated to 2.13 before being able to start it.

I was able to load and publish the HMI woth both version 2.12 and 2.13 locally.

Hey, this is the customer Otis was talking about.

Just to clarify, I created the project in 2.12 and exported it before updating. I tried updating the designer software and the server software on the CtrlX both to 2.13 and then importing my project. It says it needs updated and so I did that. Then when I hit publish it hangs up as described and never publishes. I also tried completely uninstalling both designer software and the server app as well as deleting my app data on my pc and my program data for webiq. I then re-installed both, rebooted both, and tried importing again but got the same issue. So far I have just had to go back to 2.12 and then re-import and it works. I would like 2.13 though as the client would like to use a recorder with a custom trigger which is not available until this version. I've attached the project that is giving me trouble. If I update and create a new project in 2.13 I can publish fine.

Let me know if you need any additional information but I believe you will get the same problem if you try importing my 2.12 project in 2.13.

You cannot mixup WebIQ versions should that be the case. You cannot have WebIQ 2.13 on the ctrlX and connect using WebIQ 2.12 or vice versa. Maybe this is the issue? You can upload a WebIQ 2.12 HMI to WebIQ 2.13 with WebIQ Designer 2.13, but you cannot start it as it needs to be updated to 2.13 before being able to start it.

Can you please describe in detail how you are trying to publish and upload?
Are you using a local WebIQ version NOT connected directly to your ctrlX using --ws-host and --ws-port?

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Can we setup a Teams meeting with the customer, to check the problems?

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

@HmiGuide Are you asking @joelphilippage@stephenOtis or me?

For us root access on the ctrlX would be required as we'd have to look at directories and permissions in the WebIQ directories on the system.

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I'm asking the end customer who has the problem.

We got this working on our PLC by doing a reset and then reloading everything. Uninstalling and re-installing just the app did not work so something else in the data must cause the error.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist