Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebVisu: Different apps for different clients

WebVisu: Different apps for different clients

PADE
Established Member

Hello all,

I need to find out whether there is any way how to build two different HMI application in one WebServer.

Our customer has one big HMI app and wants to have one smaller (with limited functionality and different screen design) available for operators.

As Webvisu is wab-based HMI, I´m not sure if it is even possible. If it was standalone runtime running in embedded HMI panels, it would not be difficult, I assume.

Application is already running and customer would like to extend functionality.

Thanks a lot for tips.

4 REPLIES 4

Sgilk
Contributor

@PADE ,

Your application sounds like a pretty typical access controlled HMI. You don't need multiple webservers. Just modify the client behavior, programmatically, based on the user. One technique is to have an enumeration for each access level. If the access level is above a certain threshold, certain elements become visible/interactive etc. Use the element state variables (Invisible, Deactivate Inputs) to control visibility and interactivity.

Use the login/logout events to trigger additional logic. For example, when your operator logs in, use that event to trigger your screen design change.

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Read article WebVisu_Client  which should help you by the provided example

PADE
Established Member

Hello @Sgilk ,

thank you for reply but it´s not my case.

The clients have different sizes and should have completely different menus and screens. There is not just small dependencies related to visibility or dectivation of inputs (as you mentioned, pretty regular stuff).

Here I´m talking about really different HMI project getting data from same PLC (so starting page should be different and all related content of screens).

I will check link below...probably that´s the right way.

Related to that. If I deactivate CurrentVisu tag how can I track open screen? I usually use Frames so I have integer variable which correspond displayed Visu but for some HMIs it does not have to be enough? Is there a way how to set variable during Opening/Closing screen etc. easily in property of each Visu (it´s quite useful and general function for HMIs) or set integer number for each screen and read it by some system variable?

Thanks a lot for cooperation.

P.

PADE
Established Member

Hi, @HmiGuide ,

sounds promising. I have to test it.

Thank you.

P.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist