Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Device Portal connection instructions needed for Remote Agent - 1.6.1

Device Portal connection instructions needed for Remote Agent - 1.6.1

ctrlXnovo
Long-established Member

I am trying to connect my CORE to the device portal.  I have applied for access and have been granted access to a tennant (SPS2019).  In the email granting access, I received no further information than the tennant name.   I cannot add a device in the Device Portal because it requires a Connection Identifier.  From the Device Portal manual, it seems that I must obtain this Connection Identifier from the CORE itself.  In the manual, it describes a process to connect the CORE to the Device Portal.  The first step (chapter 4.1.3) is to accept the Service Terms, but this page never appears.  I only have this message:

ctrlXnovo_0-1614892182992.png

There seems to be no way around it and I cannot perform the rest of the steps.  Because of this, I cannot add the device in either location: the Portal or the CORE.  My CORE has an internet connection.  I have tried both the Bosch network, and an open connection.  I see no errors or warnings in the Diagnostic log.

How can I connect to the Device Portal from this state?  

The manual describes a method to "Claim" the device, but it is not clear what this means.  Overall, I would suggest a "quick connection" section of the manual to describe this, complete with screen shots of what the user should expect.  The existing manual is mostly describing what one can already see in the app and many redirect links to other parts of the same manual which is not long to begin with.  We should make it easier for customers to use and provide more useful content. (my opinion  🙂 )

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

So where is your ctrlX CORE coming from? Did you order it from Germany with the 1.6 Version installed? Did you do any updates via image on your own (then certificates are deleted)?

It seems that your certificates are missing that are needed to claim this device. You can check this here:

CodeShepherd_0-1614935042856.png

Each Device from our production line has this files and is able to be claimed. So there are quite no more information.

ctrlXnovo
Long-established Member

I am missing the certificate file that you displayed in your screen shot.  I acquired this M4 with a material request from Lohr, in January of this year.  It has a build date of 20W48.  I did not upgrade this app or delete this file to my knowledge, but regardless, it is not there.  How can I recover it or install another file such that I can access the Device Portal?

I will send you a private message please contact me directly.

ctrlXnovo
Long-established Member

Update:  The proper certificate and keys were located in the Settings -> Certificates & Keys -> Permanent Storage location, just not the Remote Agent section.  Upgrading the system to RM21.03 system apps triggered the software to move the Remote Agent certificate and key from the Permanent Storage location to the Remote Agent location and then the app functioned as expected.  It might be that only the Remote Agent app needed updating, I'm not sure.  

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist