Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

PLC license error

PLC license error

_AleX
Established Member

Hello Community,

I have got the problem that frequently I get the error -> "PLC license error" License "PLC Basic" is missing! Although I have the appropriate license installed. See attached pictures.

After restart of my core everything is working!

Alex

10 REPLIES 10

Michael_A
Long-established Member

Hello,
in some cases this happens if the time is not set correctly. Check if date and time are correct.
Maybe battery low.

Hello,

I am running into the same issue. Our demo machine is running for a few hours then suddenly shuts down. It seems like a system error because the light pipe turns blue for some time. But I also see the message that the PLC is not licensed even though it clearly is licensed and was running previously.  After rebooting one or more times, eventually the license error goes away. The system time and date are always correct in this case. Besides time/date, what else could cause this erroneous message?

Best regards,

Brian

Could you please send us a system report so we can have a better overview about your system?

2021-03-22_14h05_20.png

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi,

you should update to RM 21.11 patch 6, that was released beginning of April and check the behavior again.

kind regards

Please see attatched system report.

In your system report I can see that your ctrlX CORE is not on the release version mentioned by @georkueh. Did you already or could you please try to update to actual release version 1.12.6 and check behaviour again.

Yes the system report was taken before the update. Subsequently I did update the CORE to RM21.11 Patch 6 (system apps and application apps) but the machine continues to shutdown with license errors. This happens roughly every 1.5 - 3 hours. The system time is always correct. It seems there is a license check that happens in the backround every so often that fails for unknown reasons.

Also we notice that the start date for all the licenses is 01-12-31. This seems odd, but it is the case in other CORES also. Please see screenshots below and attached video. Here is the CORE archive ctrlX_ctrlx-CORE_2022-04-25_11-38-49.tar. Maybe there is a hint within or you can replicate the issue. (archive was before version update, but as mentioned the update did not help).

bschmidt_0-1651202280872.jpeg

bschmidt_1-1651202349743.jpeg

Could you send me a private message with your contact data and the serial number of the ctrlX CORE, so we can have a look to the machine in an online meeting together?

Sounds good, thanks. I am able to see the problem with the CORE on my desk without needing the actual machine. I sent you some info.

We found that in your case you created in a python script a loop without any waiting time in your main program. The same in your test program. It is like an C++ or PLC while loop without an exit it will grab all system resources it can get until the system collapses. You mention this with data layer not reachable, licenses cannot be checked and system is rebooting. So please add a waiting time your programs like this:

graphical programming loopgraphical programming loop

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist