Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

MEMORY AREA OF CTRLX PLC

MEMORY AREA OF CTRLX PLC

TN_X
Established Member

Hi all,

Do you know any reference documents which mention about Memory area of ctrlX PLC?

If you dont mind kindly please share with me incase you have those ones!

Thank you

Br,

8 REPLIES 8

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I am not exactly sure what you mean. Please have a look to this thread for information about the data storage of the PLC.

TN_X
Established Member

Hi,

Normally, other PLC venders will have a memory area which show to user the relevant Memory info of PLC. Please have a look on the link below for your reference. This what  im asking, if you have any documents related to those info. Please share with me!

Thank you!

Link: https://product-help.schneider-electric.com/Machine%20Expert/V1.1/en/m241prg/m241prg/M2xx_-_Memory_M...

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Please have a look to following documents for further information. I will check for more.

General technical data of ctrlX CORE

Retain data fpr the PLC

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Tuan,

depending on the size of the current application, memory regarding code and data is allocated dynamically.

The total size of remanent memory is limited to 120kB. The memory is allocated dynamically and can be shared by all applications running on ctrlX CORE.

%I and  %Q areas have a fixed size of 8kB per area per PLC application.

kind regards

TN_X
Established Member

Hi georkueh,

Thanks for your advise.

How about system memory area? If you know those info, Kindly share with me as attached document please!

I am supporting for customer and those info are basic things they are resquesting.

Thank you!

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Tuan,

what does system memory mean? Please specify the information, that you need!

kind regards

TN_X
Established Member

Hi georkueh,

Please see attched link below one more.

As I know, normally PLC will have two seperate areas, one for system memory area which will contain system registors for keeping some spectial registers or/and other such as clock, always on bit .... the other one is user memory area which will use for variable defination, application.... I dont know exactly this concept is still remain in our ctrlX or not. If yes, please share with me.

Thank you!

https://product-help.schneider-electric.com/Machine%20Expert/V1.1/en/m241prg/m241prg/M2xx_-_Memory_M...

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Any news to this topic?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist