Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

IDE Kin functions, axes not switching to Coordinated Motion

IDE Kin functions, axes not switching to Coordinated Motion

bschmidt
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying program to make a program like the pick and place "how to" of the developR series. The problem I see is that only the Kinematic is moving. The axes who are linked to the Kinematic stay in Standstill. I don't see a block in the Motion library to group the axes (Standstill-->Coordinated Motion) so I guess this should happen automatically, but it's not happening in my case.  What am I missing? Maybe I could get it to work using the LowMotion functions but I'm trying to use the simpler blocks like we show in videos. 

Best regards,

Brian

bschmidt_0-1646234526034.png

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The graphical programming does not group the axes automatically. It expects them to be in the correct state. You can do this via the initialization method. When using this you set all motion objects configured in the IDE to the expected state.

IDE graphical init methodIDE graphical init method

If you want to do this in your code you have to use the low motion commands. Beware that these are working with the motion objects on the ctrlX CORE directly not with the ones configured in the IDE:

IDE graphical lowmotionIDE graphical lowmotion

Thank you, I was able to get it running after clicking Initialization. I had the impression that Initialization was only really needed if you are creating the axes/kin within IDE. In my case I created them in the standard web UI and just imported them into IDE. Also, the axes automatically switch from DISABLED-->STANDSTILL when the code is started, without needed to click Initialization.  (If real drives are connected, they switch from Ab-->AF). So I had the impression that they should also switch from STANDSTILL-->COORDINATED_MOTION automatically. If someone is really using Visual Coding (blocks) to program their machine, how do they make the code autostart on bootup and get the axes in the right state automatically? Do we have to leave the world of Blocks to make this happen. Note: I am doing the process of Compile and Download to Target after making code changes.

Best regards,

Brian

Like mentioned the high motion library is expecting the axis to be in the correct state. You can put them there in several ways. E.g. via:

• UI of the ctrlX CORE
  • REST, c++, Python, Java, Go API of the ctrlX CORE
  • using the initialize method, that automatically shows up when opening a project in the IDE or after making changes in the configuration in the IDE
  • blocks in the "on start" routine of your graphical program
  • a function in your graphical program, to outsource the needed blocks out of the main program
  • creating an own startup block with the needed commands (blocks hidden in a library)
  • an "init script" that is started automatically on booting of the ctrlX CORE
  • a PLC
  •  
Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist