Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

IO App Error

IO App Error

Axay
Established Member

Hello Everyone, 

Recently, i upgraded my ctrlX Works app to the latestone which is 1.18. also i upgrade my CORE to the the 1.18 version. Now when i am going to open my IO app it shows below error.

Axay_0-1678899809244.png

if i click on No option its open but i can not add my slave devices because of the below error.

Axay_1-1678899908894.png

i already reinstall it twice and cleared cache data in program data folder but still its not working. 

it would be great if someone guide me further.

Thank you!

30 REPLIES 30

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

please add the setup log file to this issue. You can find it in the directory C:\ProgramData\Rexroth\PackageManager\Logs.

kind regards

Axay
Established Member

Hello, 

i found multiple logfile there which one is useful for this issue?

Axay_0-1678957444155.png

Regards,

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

please zip all to an archive and share.

Axay
Established Member

Hello, zip file attached.

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi,

in a first step please dlete all th efiles in the folder "C:\ProgramData\AP\PlugInCaches" and start the software again afterwards.

Does this help?

kind regards

Axay
Established Member

Hello, I did it again but still it is not working.

HaRo
Established Member

Hello togehter,

here's the same problem. I'm in contact with support hotline and they told me also to clear the cache. The problem still exists.

After this they asked for doing following steps: [Win] + [i] --> Apps --> Apps and features. Search for "runtime" and check version of "Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime". It has to be version 3.1.32, which is already installed on my system.

Now I'm waiting for further information.

Axay
Established Member

Hello, 

Thank you for the information.

I have Microsoft windows Desktop Runtime Version- 3.1.31. 

HaRo
Established Member

Are you able to update your version and is IO Engineering working?

I tried different ways and mine installation is still not working. I think I'll receive a call back from support hotline for this issue today.

Axay
Established Member

after update the desktop runtime, still error is there.

HaRo
Established Member

Then we'll have to wait for further information from support. If I'll receive any information via telephone today I will share it here.

Axay
Established Member

Good morning, 

Is there any Update?

HaRo
Established Member

Sadly no. This morning I contacted support again via mail. I'll keep you up2date, if there are news

HaRo
Established Member

Support hotline told me it could be possible a repair-installation might be helpful. They're still checking at their development...

If I haven't done, I should try to uninstall all ctrlX software and reinstall it...
Right now I'm doing a repair installation of ctrlX wrks.

HaRo
Established Member

I tried a repair-install: No success.

Then I removed all ctrlX software, restarted my PC and installed latest version: The issue still exists. Still waiting for further information from hotline.

Axay
Established Member

Hello, 

i did repair before twice and reinstall complete ctrlX setup three times but problem is still there.

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

in a next step we need some more detailled data. There's a tool called DebugView that records the current activities when running a program. The tool is provided by Microsoft and can be downloaded here (DebugView - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn) . Please install it.

1. Then please delete the plugin cache one more time
  2. Start DebugView 
  3. Start ctrlX IO Engineering
  4. After the error has been occurred, please select the "Save" option within DebugView and add the file here.
  5. Additionally please create a systemreport, provided by ctrlX WORKS (via the ? icon) and add it here.

georkueh_0-1680004397811.png

kind regards

HaRo
Established Member

I sent a mail to support hotline with necessary data

Axay
Established Member

Hello,

Here I attached both report.

Regards,

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

we found out that there are some problems regarding the installation of the .net 4.8package, that is included within the ctrlX WORKS installation. So please install the package by yourself. You can download it from https://download.visualstudio.microsoft.com/download/pr/2d6bb6b2-226a-4baa-bdec-798822606ff1/8494001....

Afterwards clear the plugin cache one more time and start ctrlX IO Engineering. If  already installed you do not need reinstall the ctrlX software again.

Please give us feedback in any case!

HaRo
Established Member

I can't install it. Do I have to uninstall it before?

HaRo_0-1680086856942.png

Axay
Established Member

Hello, 

even i have the same error when i am trying to install DOTNET FRAMEWORK.

error is same as @HaRo.

Axay_0-1680093171750.png

HaRo
Established Member

Here are also my logfiles.

georkueh
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. Currently we're checking the logfiles.

kind regards

Axay
Established Member

Hello,

Is there any update?

HaRo
Established Member

Last friday I had a phone call (1 hour) with a guy of development department. After 1h of trying different things he wasn't able to find a solution. His plan was to talk with colleagues and since then I'm also waiting for further information. 

HaRo
Established Member

Hello,

today I installed v1.20 - now I can open I/O Engineering without any problems.
I'll test the connection to a ctrlX core and make an I/O-configuration.

Axay
Established Member

Hello, 

Thank you for the information.

i am still facing the same error in the version 1.20 as well.

Axay_0-1681212409179.png

HaRo
Established Member

Hey,

two days ago I had a online meeting with guys from software development. We found an "error" at my system:

The problems are caused by user admin rights and maybe some wrong settings in windows UAC.

We cleared the cache data (with admin rights), then we changed my user-account to a standard-user. After a reboot and starting of I/O Engineering everything went well.

So maybe you should delete the cache, change your account to a standard-user. Restart your PC and try to open I/O Engineering.

The both guys told me they wanna check this issue internally. They also wanna make a FAQ and a posting here in forum. I think they'll also post a "offical solution".

Axay
Established Member

Hello @HaRo,

Yes, you are right.

I did the same after the consultation from software devvelopment team. this is the right solution for this types of error.

Thanks &  Regards,

Axay Chodavadiya

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist