Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

ctrlX Core as Profinet Slave with Codesys Profinet Device

ctrlX Core as Profinet Slave with Codesys Profinet Device

Filip_K
Established Member

Hello,

I would like to connect ctrlX Core-M-X3 to Siemens PLC via Profinet.

I know that there is Profinet Device App and there is even short tutorial where XF23/XF24 ports are used - LINK 

But is it possible to use those ports with Codesys Profinet Device in ctrlX PLC Engineering? I added the Ethernet adapter there and then the Profinet Device and I wanted to chose network interface and I could not pick the XF23/XF24 ports.

Filip_K_0-1697695625999.png

Is it possible to have ctrlX Core as Profinet Device with Codesys add-on? Is there any tutorial how to do it?

Best regards, Filip

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There is an example for the usage of the Codesys Profinet Device library available with an XM22 as controller:
PROFINET - Connect ctrlX CORE plus X3 with IndraControl XM21

You can always check the Collection of how to videos, blogs and examples for ctrlX AUTOMATION as there are even more examples.

Thank you for links.

There is only one thing - for ctrlX Core-M as Profinet Device you are using Profinet Device App installed on Core and ports XF23 and XF24. I also did it and it is working, the Profinet communication was established and everything was looking good.

But is it possible to use ports XF23 and XF24 with CODESYS Profinet Device in PLC Engineering? I was not able to establish the communication because I could not chose those ports in the Network Interface in Ethernet Adapter.

In my situation my ctrlX Core needs to be Profinet Master and Profinet Slave at the same time (and also EtherCAT Master, but that's not the problem I think). As I said above, Profinet Slave was working correctly with the installed App. I didn't check Core as the Master at the same time with CODESYS yet, I need to check it. But it will look a bit weird - one connection will be made by Profinet Device App and the second by CODESYS Profinet Controller. Both of this connections should be possible only with CODESYS with separate Ethernet Adapters in my opinion, so that whole Profinet configuration could be made in one software. 

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

The Profinet Device on XF23 and XF24 is a dedicated Profinet Stack, the CodeSys Softstack cannot be assinged to this interface.

To use data from the XF23 and XF24 Profinet Device, you have to add via Data Layer Realtime within the PLC. You can add the Data Layer nodes and exchange data via this way easily.

Hope this answer your doubts.

Filip_K
Established Member

Okey, to sum up.

In CtrlX Core-M-X3:

- for Profinet Master XF51 (or XF10) port has to be used with CODESYS Ethernet Adapter with Profinet Controller

- for Profinet Slave XF23 and XF24 has to be used with Profinet Device App and access variables via DataLayer node in PLC (I checked it and it is working very good).

Thank you for your replies 🙂

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist