Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Distanced wireless communication between 2 or more ctrlX core, via 5G

Distanced wireless communication between 2 or more ctrlX core, via 5G

Dimitrios
New Poster

Dear all, 

I would like to ask if anyone has ever established a communication between 2 or more ctrlX core units, via sim card 5G gateway.

Let me be more specific:

1. Can data be exchanged between different units using third-party gateways?

2. Can I use node red s/w to view real-time data and send commands to a remote ctrlX core unit via 5G communication? (Like a SCADA system). For example to set the status of a solenoid valve? And what if I want to communicate with 30 different ctrlX core units?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We already had some test cases for fairs so in general it is working. We were e.g. using hardware from Nokia.

For your questions:

1. which gateways do mean? 5G wireless gateways or other ones?
  2. You can use Node-Red or any other TCP/UDP based communication to write any data but this will never be "realtime" capable in means of deterministic as a REST API is used based on HTTP protocol.
    The number of connected devices is dending on your networt quality and stability.

We suggest using ctrlX CORE - OPC UA Pub/Sub App (based on UDP) for communication between several ctrlX CORE (C2C) in a fast way. See an example here.

Dear shepherd, 

Thank you very much for your reply! I have attached a picture that describes exactly what I want to do...

Stations A & B do not have internet access via ethernet cables. Therefore I have to use 5G sim card modem-routers.

What s/w applications do I need to install on CtrlX CORE units and on the main computer in the control room, to:

1. have an HMI screen in the control room, showing values ​​from all connected CtrlX CORE units? (Can I design scada screens with visuals like tanks, valves, engines, etc.?

2. have remote control of ctrlX CORE units? (On my HMI screen, for example, I want to draw a button and start a motor connected to ctrlX CORE A by simply pressing it)

3. be able to maintain data loggers? (I believe there is the ability to store in the cloud. What s/w application do I need to query the data I need from the cloud and display it on my HMI screen in a trend view? 

Thank you very much in advance for your valurable support!

Sorry for the late reply lost track of this issue.

Your use case can be done with different solutions. Our suggested one I mentioned above.

For you questions:

1. depending on which HMI programming tool you are using. In Node-RED you can try to find a third party extension for the dashboard. But I could not find one. We also have WebIQ, Procon and WebVisu in our portfolio. Each of them is coming with its own app. Have a look to the store area here in the community for more information.
  2. depending on your network topology and chosen HMI tool and so communication protocol the apps of 1) are needed plus e.g. OPC UA.
  3. depending on which data you like to extract. E.g. the internal logbook of the ctrlX CORE itself can  be connected to a remote server (see online documentation). Or you can create own mechanisms.
    Showing data (e.g. trending) is again depending on 1) but is in standard included in the HMI tool itself.
Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist