ctrlX_OPC_UA_PubSub_Teaser.jpg

ctrlX AUTOMATION - OPC UA Pub/Sub

KarstenK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

OPC UA Pub/Sub is the solution for high efficient, performant and vendor independent standardized control to control (C2C) communication. Additional use cases are the communication between ctrlX CORE and MES or data acquisition systems.

Sample Topology OPC UA FX (Field eXchange)Sample Topology OPC UA FX (Field eXchange)
The OPC UA Pub/Sub App publishes data from the ctrlX CORE real-time Datalayer and writes subscribed data to the real-time data Datalayer. The communication is possible between ctrlX CORE devices but also between ctrlX CORE and control devices of other vendors who support the OPC UA Pub/Sub standard.

For the configuration of the OPC UA Pub/Sub communication the OPC UA Server app and the OPC UA client UaExpert is required.

How to configure a Publisher and a Subscriber with OPC UA client UaExpert
Step 1 Add a connection to the configuration and select UDP and UADPStep 1 Add a connection to the configuration and select UDP and UADP
Step 2 - Login to your OPC UA Server and drag and drop the Nodes you are interested in to the PublishedDataSet #1 and click OKStep 2 - Login to your OPC UA Server and drag and drop the Nodes you are interested in to the PublishedDataSet #1 and click OK
Step 3 - Add another configuration for the Subscriber and add a connection to it. Select UDP/UADP againStep 3 - Add another configuration for the Subscriber and add a connection to it. Select UDP/UADP again
Step 4 - Click on Create Default Target VariablesStep 4 - Click on Create Default Target Variables
Step 5 - Finished configuration looks like this. Click OKStep 5 - Finished configuration looks like this. Click OK
Prerequisites
Support

Forum Communication

Related Links
StefanH
StefanH
Hi, I am Stefan and I work as a Product Manager in the ctrlX AUTOMATION software team. Contact me if you want to learn more about our solutions.
Editorial work by: KarstenK
2 Comments
Must Read
Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist