Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Variables not retained

Variables not retained

Sgilk
Contributor

I am seeing an issue with variables not being retained reliably in ctrlX CORE memory on power cycle. This has only become an issue after upgrading the WebIQ runtime to version 2.14.1. They were retained properly using version 2.12.

I am writing to the variables using an iq-input-field widget.  Before power cycling, the variables seem to be written and read properly.

4 REPLIES 4

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor
  1. Are you referring to simulation variables using the internal IO Handler in WebIQ? These are the only ones that are "retained" by WebIQ and only if the checkbox "Persistent" has been checked. I was able to verify this successfully so I don't see an issue here.
  2. All other variables (items) which use an OPC-UA IO Handler are - by definition - stored only in the OPC-UA server because that's how such a system works. WebIQ does not "retain" this data in any way. If the OPC-UA server loses the data upon power cycle this would be an issue with the OPC-UA server and not with WebIQ. Please validate this by using UA Expert to write an item not used by WebIQ, power cycle your ctrlX CORE and read it again using UA Expert - if this also fails it proves the OPC-UA server being the source of the problem.
  3. Or are you talking about things like trend data not being retained in a WebIQ HMI?
  4. When updating WebIQ did you only update WebIQ or also update the ctrlX Firmware or the OPC-UA Server?

These are variables defined in the Process Data Manager using the internal IO handler. The persistent box is checked on these variables. No other IO handler is defined and no OPC UA server was necessary for this to work prior to updating WebIQ to version 2.14.1 and ctrlX CORE firmware 1.20. These updates were done at the same time.

I've attached the project where I am experiencing the issue. The variables are modified on the 6th view of the main screen using iq-input-field widgets.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

I was able to reproduce this with a very simple HMI (your HMI is not in a valid format btw). I can confirm that with WebIQ from 2.14.0 on the persistence of internal items is broken. We are looking into this now.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

This will be fixed with WebIQ 2.14.3 which will be released soon from Smart HMI.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist