Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

TRENDS X AXIS

TRENDS X AXIS

AGME
New Poster

Hello,

is it possible to make a graph that does not depend on time, that the two axes depend on project variables,  the X and Y axes.

With the trends I have another question, how could I start and stop the trending depending on the state of a project variable.

Regards.

11 REPLIES 11

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

The trend display can only display trends recorded in a recorder. 

For displaying arbitrary data in a graph have a look at the ChartJS demo which also supports line charts.

Regarding a trend: are you talking about starting and stopping a trend, i.e. the display, or starting and stopping a recorder? For the latter you can simply configure an item condition in the rcorder configuration.

Can you send me the chart package?
Because without that package installed from the manager package I can't make modifications to the charts.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

You can download it and demos etc. and access all documentation from our customer area - just sign up for free here: https://www.smart-hmi.com/login-signup/

I've been looking at the different charts in the demo, and it doesn't work for my application.

What I need is to plot in real time the force versus position.
On the Y axis, the force variable and on the X axis the position variable.

How can I make this kind of graphs in WEbIQ?

Thanks in advance.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

There are two ways: either you create a custom widget yourself or you have us (or someone else) create it for you.

There is a multitude of JavaScript charting libraries - both open-source and commercial - available, but you still need a custom widget to use them because you probably want to configure the chart inside WebIQ Designer.

We have a tutorial available in our customer area on how to create a custom widget.

Hello,

For our application I need to plot the force with respect to the position as I said, the data will be stored in an array both the position and the force and at the end of the cycle will be plotted.
In the chart example you have on your website is it possible to use an array in those widgets?
Is it necessary to create a specific widget to plot the data of an array?
If it is necessary to create that widget, I imagine that someone has already created it, do you know who I could talk to in order to have that widget?

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I'm currently implementing a widget together with an PLC example with the features:

PLC

• Wait for HMI command to start recording
  • Record x,y data every PLC cycle
  • Set state variable for HMI (states: idle, waiting for trigger, recording)
  • Transmit x,y strings via OpcUA

WebIQ

• Display state info (waiting for trigger, recording progress in %)
  • Display of x,y data as graph

When I'm ready, you can find the example in the "How To" forum.

Thank you very much.
I will keep an eye on the forum.

Best regards.

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

You find the how to article here: How-To-display-PLC-data-as-oscilloscope-or-chart-in-WebIQ 

Thank you very much for the demo, it is a great help for my application.

I have a query, the cycle data is passed from the PLC to WebIQ in string format to be plotted, but the string format has limited characters.
How can I increase the data to be plotted?
I am declaring the string variable by putting it between paretensis(5_000), which is equivalent to a string of 5000 characters, but when saving the data it only saves 255 characters, it seems that it is limited and it is not possible to save more than those characters.

Regards

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Have a closer look to the PLC example. I added the FB IL_String, which has 2 important features:

• String length is not limitted to 255 as standard CONCAT function
  • Is very performant at creation of long strings.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist