Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

No space left on device

No space left on device

rexxon
Established Member

Hey everybody,

has someone already experienced the following error, while loading a project?

Backend reported an error while processing API command
"workspace.open": generic:28:Backend reported an error while
processing API command "workspace.open": generic:28:No
space left on device

There is plenty of free space left - either on the programming PC and the ctrlX. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

WebIQ logs this error, because the OS reports Linux filesystem error 28 "No space left on device".

This means that one of those can be the case:
1. The partition where WebIQ data is stored has no space left (Linux command to check: df -h)
2. The partition where WebIQ data is stored has no iNodes left (Linux command to check: df -i)

You write "There is plenty of free space left - either on the programming PC and the ctrlX. Any suggestions?" - The error occurs where this message is logged - if it's from PLCnext that's where it occurs, if it's from the PC there this error occurs.

I don't know where to find the info from 1. and 2. on ctrlX as you can't execute arbitraty command without root access which you usually don't have on an ctrlX. 

rexxon
Established Member

Thanks for the information. The message shows up in the WebIQ Designer running on a windows PC. The closest, I can get to the memory usage ist through the informations page under the ctrlX settings:

rexxon_0-1721214616377.png

Does this help?

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Please provide connect.log from your ctrlX - you can download that from Runtime Manager. Unfortunately we can't see the used iNodes in the screenshot.

rexxon
Established Member

Please find the log attached to this post.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, the only reason I can think of here is really iNodes - if you have too many small files on the system or something similar.

database or disk is full: database or disk is full

This error is shown in the log and in this case reported by SQLite

rexxon
Established Member

ok, understood. thanks! could this be caused by the data recorder/logger? do you have any idea, how to get rid of this error?

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

The recorder only writes to a single database file (+ 2 files during writing while not closed) per recorder, so it's unlikely this is an issue here.

Usually I would recommend logging into the device via SSH and execute an "df -i" to see if iNodes are an issue. But I think it's not possible on ctrlX - maybe someone from Bosch Rexroth can help here?

rexxon
Established Member

ah, I see. thanks for clarifying. I have 4 recorders, so nothing to worry here, right?

How can we get someone from rexroth to help here, or do we just wait until "a wild rexroth empolyee appears"?

rexxon
Established Member

sorry for double posting, but i found a temporary solution:

The problem actually comes from an incorrectly configured data recorder. In the ZIP-file of the project export, I could identify a .sqlite file with a uncompressed size of >1.2 gb in the .db subfolder. I deleted this from the zip folder and re-imported the project. Now it seems to work just fine again. One recorder was massively misconfigured: The retention time was set to 0...

Now, the project can be opened in the Designer again! Nice!

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info, then I assume there must be some limit on ctrlX somewhere internal that's not explicitly listed in the overview of the mounts.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist