cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Memory usage growing in webIq app

Memory usage growing in webIq app

JohanRos

I have a webIq application where the used memory in ctrlX slowly grows until the core will go into error. Takes maybe 3 days or something until the error occurs. When looking in the core there are 26 processes active from webIq, and all are growing at the exact same rate. Maybe they are refering to the same memory area, I dont know. Until the error occurs, the webIq app and the core is working fine. Nothing strange at all.

8 REPLIES 8

Sgilk
Contributor

Hi @JohanRos ,

My first guess is that the application is generating a ton of logs and you've disabled the log file size limit. Can you check the size of the log file in the runtime manager?

Sgilk_0-1726752752717.png

Do you have any custom code used in the application that might be writing to the WebIQ server database?

There have been a few patches since your installed version as well. You can find the latest in the collaboration rooms.

Sgilk_1-1726752905185.png

Tnx Sgilk for the reply! I will go to the customer today and check the log settings. I dont have any code for writing to the database, so I hope this will do the trick. I will uppgrade the app also. I will post the result of these changes.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

This could also be due to using several recorders that record items with a lot of changes (WebIQ only records item changes in recorders)

AndreasL
New Contributor

I have a question here, the screenshot is for the used RAM memory, not disk memory (maybe thats not clear). How would writing to the SQLite database increase memory useage? Is the whole SQLite database kept in memory? (That's not how SQLite normaly operates)

Moved to corresponding sub forum Smart HMI - WebIQ Designer and Server.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Can you tell a bit about the HMI?
Are there any recorders? If you record data the items to be recorded have to be subscribed which each subscription of course using up a bit of RAM.

The more information you provide upfront on the HMI, usually the easier it is to get to a solution.

There are no recorders, and it seems that the new version of webIq app solved the problem. I upgraded the app the .10 and no the problem is gone. Thanks everyone for your help!

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

It's always good to stay updated - maybe this was the reason:

webiqsk_0-1727159729777.png

https://docs.webiq.de/docs/changelog/

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist