cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Is it possible in WebIQ to generate a PDF file of everything on screen?

Is it possible in WebIQ to generate a PDF file of everything on screen?

Andrew55
New Poster

Hello, I wanted to know if it was possible somehow to create in WebIQ a PDF of everything on screen.

For example, if I want to generate a PDF of a chart updated in real time in a specific range, is this possible?
Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5

Sgilk
Contributor

Hi @Andrew55 ,

See this example using pdfmake. I believe this should have all of the capability you'll need, but will likely require a bit of Javascript programming. What are you using to create the charts?

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

For an exact screenshot rather than generating a PDF and adding all information manually this might help:
https://hackernoon.com/how-to-take-screenshots-in-the-browser-using-javascript-l92k3xq7

Hi @Sgilk ,

one of my clients is interested in WebIQ and asked me if he could create a report in PDF of everything on screen with WebIQ.

I posted his question here because I wanted to know if WebIQ could satisfy his request and was therefore the right solution for him.

Since WebIQ is fully extendable with JavaScript, I think it is definitely a valid solution here. I haven’t seen any HMI solutions that have this pdf functionality out of the box.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

It depends: WebIQ can do everything any other website can do, but it cannot do more than any other website can do client-wise.

So as you can create PDFs with JavaScript using e.g. pdfmake or pdf.js if that it an option then that's ok - though this is not "everything that's on screen", but "if you include everything shown on the screen manually in your script than that will include everything shown on the screen implicitly".

If you want to create a PDF showing *exactly* what's shown on screen (i.e. a screenshot) I have linked some examples above, however that questions is not a WebIQ, but a general web technology question because with a web HMI the browser decides what and how to render contents, i.e. if something wraps etc. which is why the server cannot render any screen content as PDF, only the client could.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist