Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

CX package conflicts

CX package conflicts

Hemingway
Established Member

Hi, How to solve conflict detection problem's with cx Packages. What is cause of this? 

My visuals: 2.15.10 Build 48432.

Hemingway_0-1728295398913.png

8 REPLIES 8

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

There are two different types of conflicts:
- a package requires another package to be installed ("unmet dependency") - for this you have to install the other package first before you can install this package as it depends on it
- Files inside a package already exist in the HMI project ("conflicts detected") - for whatever reason files already exist in the HMI project that are also part of packages to be installed and thus cannot be installed.

I can't help you specifically with the packages listed, but this usually only occurs if you manually copy or create files in the HMI project that are also included in a package you wish to install. Why that happens I don't know, because it happens because a user does something manually, not because WebIQ does something specifically.

There is no general answer available for this as it fully depends on the HMI and on the packages to be installed.

Hemingway
Established Member

Ok, and how to delete packages from project directory? 

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

That's a chirurgical thing: if you install packages cleanly, this should not occur. If you copy files manually etc. simply undo all of this.

In general, you can also delete the files one-by-one as shown until no conflicts are shown anymore.

webiq-sk
Frequent Contributor

Additional info: Packages are not copied "as package" into a project directory. Rather each package contains many files that are copied one-by-one so they'd have to be removed manually one-by-one if they were not installed through a package.

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The packages are part of the cartesian template. So be sure that you install all the packages which are provided in the download, because the package versions match to each other. Open the template project after installing the packages, as described in the template documenatation.

The easiest way to reset packages is:

• Pubish the active project
  • Delete the complete data directory
  • When you restart the Designer, the data directory is created from scratch again
  • Install the packages (see template documenation or WebIQ documentation)
  • Open WebIQ cartesian template project

How to get the data directory?

• In WebIQ Designer open "About WebIQ Designer". 

HmiGuide_0-1728374091291.png

The red frame in screen shoot marks the data directory, where %APPDATA% is an environment variable, which you can enter in window file explorer. 

HmiGuide_1-1728374142864.png

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Hemingway could you fix the issue?

Hemingway
Established Member

@HmiGuide Yes, I've created a new project and copied all content from the old one. This is my working solution 🙂 

P.S. When i've deleted the data directory for the project I had the same problem. Just enough to install one package and got the red notification about conflict. 

HmiGuide
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

So if it is solved, be mark it as solved.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist