Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

SNAP with OpenCV python: No module named 'numpy.core._multiarray_umath'

SNAP with OpenCV python: No module named 'numpy.core._multiarray_umath'

Akra

Hello!

I'm building an arm64 snap with OpenCV library by modifying SDK sample code, but keep getting an import error "No module named 'numpy.core._multiarray_umath'".

I can see the libraries in the snap file (attached screenshot), tried downgrading Numpy version, adding additional dependencies and environment paths, installing virtual environment and building with it. So far couldn't find any working solution.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Best regards,

Alex

14 REPLIES 14

MauroRiboniMX
Contributor

Hello,

Are you tryingo to cross compile ore are you natively building on arm64? 🙂

Just for info for AI and Data analysis libs you can only natively compile. Tham means that you have to compile on an ARM64 device 🙂

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using App build environement from ctrlX WORKS, building snap with "snapcraft --destructive-mode --target-arch=arm64 --enable-experimental-target-arch". Without OpenCV/numpy can be built and installed on my CtrlX Core.

Do I understand it right, I need a physical native ARM64 Ubuntu device to build such an app?

Yes, 

😁

Thank you Mauro!

@Akra ,

Take a look at Snapcraft remote build. I think this would probably work for you as well as a physical ARM64 device.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Moved to corresponding forum SDK.

@Sgilk ,

No success with remote build too.

Hello, 

Post here your snapcraft.yaml please 🙂

Hello,

Please see the attachment.

Try to put the webserver part in a folder 😁 and link the folder instead of .

Made a folder and moved webserver python code to it, changed "source: ."to folder location, remote build has the same error.

If you send me the full code in private i give a look more closely

The problem was the, if we build on the build environment then we have the "ctrlx-tatalayer" deb package in the system. If you build somwhere else then you need to link it externally to be downloaded:

MauroRiboniMX_0-1704960724085.png

This Should fix the issue

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist