Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ctrlX PLC Engineering crashing when opening history of CODESYS GIT extension

ctrlX PLC Engineering crashing when opening history of CODESYS GIT extension

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Currently in the ctrlX PLC Engineering version 2.4.1 when trying to open the GIT history  of a test project the error "Unbehandelte Ausnahme in der Anwendung..." appears:

ctrlX PLC Engineering - crash when opening GIT historyctrlX PLC Engineering - crash when opening GIT history

Necessary CODESYS - Professional Developer Edition licenses is available and working fine.

By clicking on continue the same message keeps showing up so the only possible way is to end the program.

Detailed error message text and system report of the ctrlX WORKS attached. Are there any other information that can be gathered?

3 REPLIES 3

CDSAddons
Established Member

Can you please also submit a project archive and the steps to repeat to reproduce the error?

Hi There,

I'm the user CodeShephard created this tread for.
It seems that we've solved the problem by our own.

The error occured during the git handling of an example project.
This project was connected to a local git and a remote (orgin) repo connected to a MS-Azure-DevOps cloud repo.
We did some changes with two developers and got conflicts.
I was able to resolve the conflict and merge the changes.
After that I wasn't able to get the history of the repo. Trying to do this the described error occured.
Getting the history by Tortoise-Git worked well.

During preparation of the the plc code and the repo to share it in this thraed I removed the remote repo.
After that a was able to get the history again.
Adding the remote repo once more to the project everything is fine again.

So, I think it doesn't make any sense to share the code anymore, does it?

CDSAddons
Established Member

Glad you have found a solution

So far we have only received theoretical inquiries and error reports describing its status - we have not yet been able to reproduce this.
Therefore, a project archive with the status in which the error occurred would be very interesting - also for future error reports and fixes in this direction.
So, if possible, please share them with us.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist