cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

"mddb_compiler executable not found" after clean install of a App Build Environment

"mddb_compiler executable not found" after clean install of a App Build Environment

cdutz
Long-established Member

Hi all,

after turning off the proxy when creating the VM (Really don't understand, why the default is having a proxy). I was able to setup my App Builder and run the install-sdk.sh script. It seems as if it finished correctly.

However when I follow the guide in the Quick Start Guide and try to build the sample application, I get this error:

-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
running mddb_compiler -in /home/boschrexroth/ctrlx-automation-sdk/samples-cpp/datalayer.register.node/metadata.csv -out1
mddb_compiler: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by mddb_compiler)
mddb_compiler: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.34' not found (required by mddb_compiler)
mddb_compiler: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by mddb_compiler)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:33 (MESSAGE):
  mddb_compiler executable not found.  Please install the
  ctrlx-datalayer-*.deb debian package.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

What did I do wrong this time?

Help greatly appreciated.

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

Sgilk
Contributor

Hello,

What version of ctrlX WORKS are you using for your app build environment?

If you read the last couple of lines here... mddb_compiler executable not found. Please install the ctrlx-datalayer-*.deb debian package.

This should be installed automatically as part of the install-sdk script in the latest release (v2.2.2).

Alternatively, you can install this manually by executing the install-ctrlx-datalayer-deb script.

cdutz
Long-established Member

Well my ctrlX Works version is 1.20.5

I cleanly created the App Builder Environment as described in this guide: https://boschrexroth.github.io/ctrlx-automation-sdk/quick-start-guide.html

I checked what's happening. So it seems that the scripts add a local directory to the list of package sources that point to the "deb" directroy in the ctrlx-automation-sdk directory. This contains ony debian package (ctrlx-datalayer-2.2.7.deb) and if I try to manually install that, I am told it's already installed.

cdutz
Long-established Member

So it seems that the default App build environment uses ubuntu 20.04 and when running "ldd --version" it tells me the version installed is GLIBC 2.31-0ubuntu9.12.
As I read that CtrlX was updated to Ubuntu 22.04 ... could it be that the mddb_compiler binary was built on that version and therefore is not compatible with the glibc versions on the Ubuntu 20.04 build environment?

cdutz
Long-established Member

Ok .. more updates on the issue ...

As using the Ubuntu commandline inside a Windows commandline window was a PITA, I decided to go for a more radical approach.
Instead of using my AMD Gaming PC (as this has an AMD processor) I decided to setup a new Ubuntu 22.04 VM on my Work-Laptop (Apple M2 MBP).

I copied the content of the scripts directory to that VM and ran it there.

It seems the scripts are missing to install: jq, libsystemd-dev, libzmq3-dev and to manually replace the two binaries installed by the datalayer.deb package with the ones I found in bin/comm.datalayer/ubuntu22-gcc-aarch64/release/ 

After that I was able to build the samples for both amd64 and arm64 on my M2 Mac 🙂

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Probably the reason for the issues was the App Build Environment was created with V1.20 of ctrlX Works and by default the newest version of the SDK (at the moment V2.2) gets downloaded. These versions did not match, so I would recommend you to delete the SDK you downloaded and uninstall the datalayer debian package. 

After that you can manually download the V1.20 SDK and install that in your Build Environment. I desribed how to here.

Best regards, 

Nick

Hello together

I did the same with CtrlX Version: 1.20.5 and ctrlx-automation sdk 2.2.3 and this error is still there, any idea when the app build environment will get updated to match the version?

Greetings

Alex

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Alex

To clarify some stuff:

• ctrlX WORKS V2.2 is available in the Collaboration Room at "ctrlX CORE APPS Releases/V2.02/ctrlX WORKS"
  • If you can't see the folder "ctrlX CORE APPS Releases" in your Collaboration Room, you are not registered for Early Adopter Releases. If you want to have access to the Early Adopter Releases (like V2.2) then please request the access here: FAQ for ctrlX Store 
  • After updating the ctrlX WORKS Version to V2.2 your old App Build Environment is still present (and can still be used). If you want to use the new SDK, then please create a new App Build Environment with this new version. (You can create the new one besides the old environment)

Best regards, 

Nick

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist