Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Virtual Control - node-red , adding ui_table node and somthing more

Virtual Control - node-red , adding ui_table node and somthing more

gigiA
New Poster

I'm working with a "Virtual Control", I'm waiting for the object B0.R911410037 COREX-C-X3-11 (I think it will arrive in 3-4 weeks).
On "Virtual Control" I installed the node 'ui_table' on node-red using the "palette" I didn't receive any errors or warnings.
I manage the node in the develop environment and the compilation is OK. When I view the dashboard the table doesn't appear.
The json source is ok because this table is working on node-red installed on windows and also on debian.
I turned off and restarted the "Virtual Control"... even if it shouldn't be necessary.

Maybe when I have the physical object I will have other feedback, for now I just can't get directing.
I recently tried the ctlrX product and maybe my approach is wrong... maybe it's an architecture thing. I'm in try catch mode 😐 because I don't know where to look for a possible log... where is setting.js...
and other...to say if I wanted to ask "npm -v && node -v" from which shell I must use.. 
so when I install node-red on a computer for me it's different...
....that's why I think... maybe my approach is wrong.
.......so the questions
-About the node 'ui_etable' doesn't work any tip ?
- How can a user like me orient himself on ctrlX-NodeRed product?
 thanks for support
gigiA

3 REPLIES 3

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gigiA 

I just installed the ui_table palette in the NodeRed App in my ctrlX CORE virtual. I imported the sample "Richer table" which comes with the palette. It works fine for me and I can see the table in the dasboard. Did you maybe miss to click on inject after deploying? 

ui_table sample richer table in dashboard on ctrlX COREui_table sample richer table in dashboard on ctrlX CORE

The NodeRed Json Files you can find in the ActiveConfiguration on your ctrlX CORE (virtual). To access this file-location click on the folder symbol in the header of the web-ui of your ctrlX CORE:

nickH_0-1722933980249.png

To see log messages of the Node-RED App go tho Diagnostic->Logbook and enable the "Developer View". Then you switch to "System and trace" and filter for the Source unit: "snap.ctrlx-node-red.node-red.service".

1. Activate Developer View in the Logbook Settings:
    2024-08-06_10h48_13.png
  2. Filter for snap.ctrlx-node-red.node-red.service
    2024-08-06_10h49_34.png

3. Look at "System and trace"
    nickH_1-1722934326737.png

Best regards, 

Nick

Thanks so much. solution Ok!
for ui_table the my fisrt error was on manager property of columns..... I must review my code.
for debug very fine, Now I can read what I write inside a function with console.log(msg.payload)
.....🤗obviously once the delivery is finished it is better to remove these logs as well as the debug ones 😊
..thank you again. regards gigiA

gigiA_2-1722944959657.png

@gigiA ,

As an additional tip, you can log to the Node-RED debug pane using node.warn("MESSAGE") in your function nodes.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist