Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Smart Function Kit for Handling Questions

Smart Function Kit for Handling Questions

bclapperton
New Contributor

Ok, I have some questions about Smart Function Kit for Handling that I have come across during commissioning.

The start function works well. However, the stop function kills a running program and causes an error on the CtrlX Core and in the SFH program. The error in the SFH system is reset with the reset input. But the error remains on the CtrlX Core drive with a flashing red light. I had to log into the core to clear it. Is there a better way of stopping a program and resetting? 

I can't find a way of going back and changing any of the SFH settings eg. position limits. It seems like overkill to have to do the whole setup again just to change a position limit. Is there a way to do this? Can I just make adjustments in the Axis settings in CtrlX?

I can't find a way to do continuous jog on the standard HMI interface. Only incremental jog by a selectable distance. Is there a way to do continuous jog?

I made anothe post about velocity and accleration units between moves and chained moves. Smart Function Kit Velocity and Acceleration units... (boschrexroth.com)

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I moved your topics to here and forwarded it for clarification.

Hello @CodeShepherd, Where did you move it to?

thorstenS

Hello,

first of all, thank you very much for your feedback. Below some information to the different topics.

'Clearing an error (after program stop) does not clear error in drive'. The intended behavior of the Smart Function Kit is, that with Clear Error all Errors (Motion, ctrlX, drive) are cleared. We had a bug in this functionality in an older release of the software, which should already be fixed. Please check that you use the latest version (at the moment version 2.1.1). Anyway, I will check it on my system as well and if it is still faulty, we will try to fix it till the next Smart Function Kit Release (End of Q2/22).

Changing the position limits outside of the comissioning wizard is not possible at the moment. But we already plan to implement this functionality in a future release (roadmap not fixed yet, but could be Q3/22).
As a more expert variant, you can use a API call in the meanwhile to change the position limits:
/sfk-backend/api/v1/commissioning/referencing/axes/{axisIndex}/position-limits
You can find more information about this and other API calls and try them directly in the Smart Function Kit HMI -> Help Section -> API Documentation.

Continuous jog is not possible and not planned to be implemented, yet.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist