Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

QEMU in Linux host - App Build Environment

QEMU in Linux host - App Build Environment

japikas
Established Member

Hi,
I'm trying to install the App BuildEnvironment in Ubuntu Linux host, as instructed here:
https://boschrexroth.github.io/ctrlx-automation-sdk/setup_qemu_ubuntu.html

However, the Linux installation script install-qemu-on-host.sh does not exists in github repository or in the SDK package https://github.com/boschrexroth/ctrlx-automation-sdk/releases/download/1.18.0/ctrlx-automation-sdk-1...
Only Windows installation scripts *.bat seems to be in place.

Has there been a change in the setup process not updated in documentation, or is the script available in somewhere else?

Best regards
Jaakko Ala-Paavola

2 REPLIES 2

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Jaakko Ala-Paavola,

thanks for reporting the issue. I just saw that the scripts got removed from v1.16 to v1.18. I'm going to investigate why this happened. And I will let you know, if I got any news for you. 

In the meanwhile, you could think about using your ubuntu host environment as your development environment directly. Some information on how to do that can also be found in the sdk documentation

Best regards,

Nick

japikas
Established Member

Hi,

Our company IT did security update which broke my remote connection to Windows build server, thus I had to investigate this bit further now.
It was easy to install the build environment in Ubuntu Linux without QEMU. Managed to build working snap package for ARM architecture.

Actually my build environment is ARM Linux as I'm running it in Parallels virtual environment in ARM-architecture Apple Silicon M1. The provided version of QEMU is not working there is x86 architecture is required, but QEMU is not needed for anything.

It's much more convenient now as I do not need to transfer files in between my development-Mac and build-Windows. One note if anyone else try to do the same: Snap build does not work in folders shared between host MacOS and virtual Ubuntu. Need to have the project in "physical" (virtual) filesystem of the build OS.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist