Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

2 virtual cores on the same machine

2 virtual cores on the same machine

osamaayoub
Established Member

Hello,

I am trying to run two virtual cores on the same machine to run some applications inside each one of them, my applications need to be able to connect to the other virtual core. I checked and it seems that the virtual cores can't ping each other.

I am running ctrlX WORKS on windows machine, controller1 with IP 192.168.1.1, controller2 with IP 192.168.1.2, I checked the external access options in port forwarding, but it will make both controllers use the same IP, I need each one to have its own IP as if I am running two actual controllers, is that possible? My windows machine can ping both controllers, but they can't ping each other.

Regards,

Osama

3 REPLIES 3

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hello ,

could you please draft your plannings to get it right? I understood that you will make both Virt Controls run with the same/identical IP in the same network - beeing able to ping each other.

Bye

You located your problem quite good. Your PC can access both virtual network adapters but data will not automatically be forwarded between them but end at your host operating system.

See "How to communicate between a ctrlX COREvirtual and other applications" for general communication setup.

See following cases using e.g. TCP

1. Both control port forwarding
    One ctrlX COREvirtual can use the standard forwarding setting with one additional port you like to communicate over e.g. 2222:2222
    The other one needs completely different ports e.g. add a one in front of all standard ports and add one additional e.g. 1111:1111
    Connection IP is one of the active network adapters of your host operating system:
    two ctrlX COREvirtual connected via TCP in Node-REDtwo ctrlX COREvirtual connected via TCP in Node-RED

2. Both controls in network adapter mode
    See this post: "Re: CXA_ModbusTCP Communication from Virtual Core to external device"
  3. One control network adapter other port forwarding mode
    See this post: "Re: CXA_ModbusTCP Communication from Virtual Core to external device"

For some general information about network functionality of the mechanism ctrlX COREvirtual is using in port forwarding mode see this external page.

Thank you for your replies, I was able to solve it by creating a bridge between the network adapters of the virtual cores using windows and then started the controllers throught the command line then the controllers were able to ping each other and exchange information normally.

Thanks again!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist