cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Could Someone Give Guidance on Integrating Bosch Rexroth IoT Gateway with Existing Auto System?

Could Someone Give Guidance on Integrating Bosch Rexroth IoT Gateway with Existing Auto System?

Giustina

Hello Everyone  🙂🤝

I hope everyone reading this message is doing well. As I work on this project, which involves integrating the Bosch Rexroth IoT Gateway into our present automation system; I am looking to this educated group for some direction and help.

Our current automation setup; which consists of numerous PLCs; SCADA systems; and sensors; is extremely dependable. Our aim is to incorporate IoT technologies into our system to increase its capabilities. Because of its adaptability and compatibility with multiple industrial protocols; the Bosch Rexroth IoT Gateway appeared to be the ideal choice for our needs.

Our Present setup Siemens S71200 and S71500 PLCs with WinCC Sensors SCADA System Numerous digital and analog sensors. Protocols for Communication OPC UA; Profinet; and Modbus TCP/IP

The IoT Gateway will be employed for collecting data from our current sensors and PLCs. Analyse data in real time to improve efficiency in operations. Allow our automation system to be monitored and controlled remotely. Make use of data analytics to avoid and stop problems with equipment.

• Which method of Bosch Rexroth IoT Gateway integration with Siemens S7 1200 and S71500 PLCs is the best one? Do I need to be aware of any specific setup and settings?
  • How can I efficiently map the data that is collected from the sensors and PLCs to the IoT Gateway? Are there any tools and guidelines that can help with this process?
  • Our system makes use of Both TCP IP and Profinet. How well supported are these protocols by the IoT Gateway? Do I need to be mindful of any restrictions or limitations?
  • How should the data from the IoT Gateway be integrated into our WinCC SCADA system? Exist any documentation and tutorials that I could use to help me with this process?
  • What safety measures should I take to ensure the security and integrity of our data and system before enabling remote monitoring and control?
  • Are there any connected instruments and features for predictive maintenance available on the Bosch Rexroth IoT Gateway? And; which third party programs and websites would you suggest using for this?

I have read the various Bosch Rexroth documentation and resources that are available like this https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/Store-and-How-to/Solution-mendixcertification-Set-for-E-Commerce-Packaging-on-demand-Machines/ba-p/97358 but I would really value any more knowledge; advice; or experiences that community members could provide.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated if you have any knowledge with the IoT Gateway and have worked on a project similar to this one.

Thanks in advance for your efforts🤗

2 REPLIES 2

Thoomas
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, thanks for your message. But it is not really clear for us what product / IoT Gateway you really use. Is it PC or controller based? What's the type or device name in detail?

We offer different solutions with different hardware, software, functionality. Some of them work based on Ethernet-Protocols (only). With others Ethernet- and e.g. PROFINET-communication (+PLC) can be "combined" ff. 

latest, see also here: Solution Sets for IoT

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Giustina Are there any news? Is this still open or can the topic be closed?

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist