Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

How to implement 2x independent two hand control

How to implement 2x independent two hand control

lg-lima
Established Member

Hi,

I have a costumer that has an application in a machine that is divided in two stages, e.g. Side A, Side B. Each side has its own two hand control peripheral that triggers different blocks of the functional scheme, and the stages are independent from one another.

The problem is that even though each two hand control is handle by it own logic block, when either one of them is set, both evaluate to true. Is it possible to have independently 2x two hand control in one safety controller? Do we have an how to for it?

SAFEX-C.15

SW Ver. 1.7.1.8239

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-24 at 10.37.37.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10

AllAutomation
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@lg-lima unfortunately I cannot answer that by-heart.

This sounds not like a specified behavior. There should not be any cross-talk between two input blocks.

@Dias or any of your colleagues, can you please answer this?

Best regards

ctrlX SAFETY team

Dias
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I will check it and give you an answer

BRamos
Established Member

Hi @lg-lima, @AllAutomation and @Dias ,

Thank you very much for your feedback. As you mentioned only one instance of the Two-Hand Control input element may be used in the Functional Scheme for your firmware and software version. This is a bug that we are working to fix as soon as possible.

lg-lima
Established Member

Thank you all for your response.

Any idea when this fix will be available?

We need to have solution for this problem ASAP since the costumer is already developing the machine.

BRamos
Established Member

Hi @lg-lima ,

The bugfix will take some time as the internal memory assessment is still under investigation.

As a workaround please use other Input elements with the necessary logic and validate if the PL reached matches the application specification. You can check the PL level on our installation manual chapter 13: https://docs.automation.boschrexroth.com/iirds/cdp-metadata.boschrexroth.de~iiDC~Product-ctrlX-SAFET...

Hope this helps.

lg-lima
Established Member

Hi @BRamos ,

Do you have any project that implements this workaround and can be used as example?

lg-lima
Established Member

Hi @BRamos and @AllAutomation,

I hope it's not too early to ask but, did you had time to evaluate my last post?

It's not clear how this workaround should implemented and even if this was tested on your side before.

BRamos
Established Member

Hi @lg-lima 

Unfortunatly it was not possible to develop a workaround fully compliant with the ISO 13851.

This topic is being tracked as Bug #652806, please look on the future release notes if this bug has been fixed or is still a known issue.

For further support, please contact Bosch Rexroth support team for Costumer Issue #652355, more info at:https://docs.automation.boschrexroth.com/doc/893307806/service-and-support/latest/en/

Best Regards,

BRamos

BRamos
Established Member

Hi @lg-lima,

A workaround was developed, please check Costumer Issue #652355 for more information.

Best Regards,

BRamos

AllAutomation
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello@lg-lima ,

please reply, if the answers marked as solutions

• referencing to the Bug-ID, where we track the basic problem and
  • the workaround provided by @BRamos .

do not help or are not sufficient as an answer.

Best Regards

Your ctrlX SAFETY team

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist