Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Multi-core licence missing - PLC app

Multi-core licence missing - PLC app

Tamer
Established Member

Hello,

I have just powered up my new ctrlX core out of the box and after logging in to PLC app, the message "Multi-core licence missing", we defenitely ordered it with the PLC app installed. I am running ctrlX Works v1.8, do I need to upgrade?

Thank you in advance.

Tamer_0-1635987676626.png

10 REPLIES 10

TheCodeCaptain
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Tamer,

yes, please update to the latest 1.10.6 Version.

Regards

PLC2030
Long-established Member

Hi Tamer,

there are 3 options for the PLC App available:

• BASIC: restricted to a single PLC task
  • STANDARD: multiple PLC tasks, but restricted to one CPU core
  • ADVANCED: multi CPU core usage

Did you order the advanced PLC option?

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Please also see that the licenses are additional to each other so to get "ADVANCED" running you also need "STANDARD" and "BASIC".

Tamer
Established Member

Thanks,

I did not order it myself, but on the licence document, it says 'SWL-XC*-PLC-PLC********-BANN' and 'CP-FWA-XC*-XCR-V-01RSN-NN'.

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

With the version you have (1.10) the license on the control dosn't matter. First with the new release 1.12 you have to pay attention to the licenses stuff.  

The multi-core function was introduced with the version 1.10. We have hat a problem at the PLC engineering 1.10.4 that if existing projects from older versions will be donwloaded to the PLC app of the version 1.10 the program will start with the multicore demomodus.

This was fixed with newer PLC engineering.

So please verify that you update ctrlX WORKS to 1.10.6 (as CodeSheppard mentioned)

If the problem already exit please

• update the device of the PLC engineering
  • compile and download the program
  • restart the ctrlX

If you ever upgrade to the RM 21.11 please keep in mind that with your current BASIC license you have the restriction single taks, single core... (as PLC2030 mentioned)

Thank you all for your response.

I have tried all the above, installed ctrx Works v1.10.6, update device, then restarted ctrx Core but still the same issue. When I click ok to the 120 min demo, it says "Error during download"  "10 unresolved references".

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you give an overview of your actual system?

1. topology?
  2. ctrlX CORE software version?
  3. ctrlX PLC app version?
  4. ctrlX WORKS software version (including ctrlX PLC engineering)?

You could also send me a private message with your contact e-mail address then we can have a direct look to it.

Hello,

it would be helpful to have a screenshot taht shows the unresolved externals.

kind regards

Please check also that your ctrlX CORE system app version e.g. 1.12 has to fit to your ctrlX WORKS software version. We found a similar topic like yours when using an old ctrlX WORKS (1.08) and trying to load a PLC program to a new ctrlX CORE (1.12).

EDIT: Within the PCL project the target device version also has to fit. Use "Update device" function.

I had exactly the problem described by CodeShepherd: Old PLC Engineering with PLC App version 1.12.2 and standard license.

However, only the update of the PLC Engineer is not enough. Within the project the "Update device" function must be used. Otherwise the problem remains.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist