cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

EtherCAT Slave Process Data Mapping (IO-Link EtherCAT Salve Balluf BNI ECT-508-105- Z015)

EtherCAT Slave Process Data Mapping (IO-Link EtherCAT Salve Balluf BNI ECT-508-105- Z015)

drschiffler
Established Member

Hi,

short facts / hypothesis:

- data mapping of process data from non-rexroth ethercat slaves can not be done byte-wise.

- This is maybe an issue of the ctrlx I/O Engineering software (which is an talored version of the codesys version)

Balluf IO-Link devices in Codesys V3.5 SP16.2 can use a feature to get the Process Data as type Bytes which creates Mapping nodes that would help ease the mapping process into PLC program variables.

See attached picture. 

Note: Of course a so-called ESI device description file is installed in ctrlx I/O Engineering to get the fieldbus module and also the types of modules to be plugged into the bus, this file is available for download on Balluf website under the EtherCAT page https://www.balluff.com/en-de/products/BNI0077.

When Installed on Bosch Rexroth I/O Engineering tool software, The feature of BYTE type process data doesn’t show up (Grey IO logo) [Figure 2] and also no Mapping-Nodes available [Figure 3].

So the bit mapping has to be done BIT by BIT example [Figure 4].

So is this an issue of "there is no gray I/O icon" available when using ctrlx I/O Engineering vs. codesys? In the codesys installation every possible slave device config is offered two times: one time with "bit-wise-mapping" other time with "byte-wise-mapping"

Thanks for any hints.

BR

Andreas

3 REPLIES 3

Jochen_Mueller
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello

sorry for the late answer, but this is a complex issue. Our development department goes in contact to Codesys directly.

If you install only the ESI-File of this device you see only a bit structure, in the native Codesys too.  But if you install ESI-files of other Balluff devices with similar modules (e.g. BIS-V-6110 (https://www.balluff.com/en-de/products/BIS00U9)) the structure will be Byte like.

Statement of Codesys: It's a bug to mix up the different ESI definition. It could be possible that this will be fixed in the future by Codesys.

So in principial the situation is equal between Codesys and IO-Engineering.

If there are more questions/remarks you can contact me directly.

Best regards

Jochen

Hi,

ok that is now clear. So we will check.

Thanks for the investigations. 👍

@drschiffler:, @Jochen_Mueller 
Issue is fixed with 1.20 release.

best regards
Carsten

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist