Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Creating Boot Application

Creating Boot Application

jimiDMBthing
Established Member

I created a simple PLC program that I'm able to download to my CtrlX Core demo and put into run more.  It works and runs great.  If I power cycle my demo and login again via the webpage, the PLC does not show any running program.  I'd have to open PLC Engineering again and download the program to the CtrlX core again.  In the "Online" menu bar option "Create Boot Application" is always greyed out no matter what state i'm in with the software.  Is anyone having similar issues and if so does anyone have a way of resolving it?

3 REPLIES 3

asanchez_lsa

Hi Jimi,

I had the same issue working with a virtual ctrlX, but it seems that you need to save all changes in the control configuration.

To do this, go to the Configuration menu and press the Save button (see attached file: save_configuration.png):
https: // <ip address> / solutions / configurations

So if navigate on the configuration files you could find the *.app files saved (see attached file: app_saved.png).

Reboot control and wait to PLC app start.

Good luck!

Unfortunately this is the actual workaround.

At the next release RM20.11 this is behaviore is changed. Than the bootproject will be automatically saved if you download the bootproject form the PLC engineering.

Thank you for the reply.  That procedure worked.  I rebooted the CtrlX Core and the PLC application was in fact running.  However, there wasn't much indication that there was a PLC program running.  See the second screenshot I attached (the first screenshot is from my original download of the PLC program before rebooting).  In fact the PLC app in the second picture says "No PLC application configured on device!" which makes it sound like there isn't a program running.  Thanks for the help.  

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist