Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

AT and MDT parameters conflict when used on both Motion and PLC apps

AT and MDT parameters conflict when used on both Motion and PLC apps

Tamer
Established Member

Hello,

I have been working with the core v1.20 apps and I did the assignment in the motion app mapped variables for the AT and MDT, and I was able to jog the Axes through the commissioning page on the Motion app like normal. I have then created a PLC project and I scanned my EtherCat master, then added the slave drives (which includes the assigned AT and MDT parameters, and gets mapped to an address within the PLC by default). After that I could not use the commissioning app to jog the drives anymore, I understand there is a conflict between the two apps to write/read the same cyclic parameters.

My question is, what is the recommended method to use the same parameters (ex: Position commnad/feedback, and Status/Control word) inside the PLC app? To rephrase the question, is there a functionality similar to AxisData in MLC for retrieving common RT/NRT axis data (ex: actual position feedback, Torque, speed, etc.) inside the PLC app?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The conflict mentioned by you is only existing for he RT output data (command word, cyclic set position). Input data (status word, actual position) can always be read without interference. The thing to consider is not to cyclically update the same output data the motion is using.

Currently there is no axisdata structure but there is the CXA_Motioninterface, similar to the known axis/kinematic interface. A template for it can be imported in ctrlX PLC Engineering via right click on your application --> "Insert templates...". But if e.g. actual torque is needed it also has to be added to the cyclic data to be available.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist