cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Using a kinematic with four Axis (three linear, one rotational only in positive direction) in IDE

Using a kinematic with four Axis (three linear, one rotational only in positive direction) in IDE

simon2
New Poster

Hello everyone,

i want to create a kinematic with four Axis and use it in the IDE. Three of these Axis are the X, Y and Z-Axis of a cartesian motion system. The fourth is for the engine of an application applied to the z-Axis. This engine only spins in positive direction and is not a swing axis.

How can i make this configuration work? I already get an error in the motion when i try to group it after turning the power on.

Thank you 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

EDIT: You have to choose a free axis and change the unit the kinematik settings to grad:

CodeShepherd_0-1628175804386.png

Thank you for your answer.

Will it now be possible to move this kinematic in x,y,z-direction and rotate the free axis simultaniously? And how do i make sure, that the freeAxis is never turning in a negative direction?

Furthermore, i have a question concerning the velocity. Is it possible to use a different speed for the freeAxis than the rest of the kinematic? When i´m using ''position kinematic'' for example, i only have one velocity for every axis in the array.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

All axes that are part of a kinematic are moved coordinated. That means the movements starts and stops at the same time. The set velocity in a kinematic command is only affecting the TCP path. (See motion object documentation) So the velocity of the 4th axis will result from the time needed to complete the command for all axes and the commanded distance. Please also beware of the motion limit values of the axes.

The direction of rotation is determined by your commanded position.

If you just like to like to run a rotational axis freely at the same time as the kinematic I would suggest to do a parallel single axis command for it. In the IDE you can choose run in parallel. The mane problem here is when your axis movement should stop.

We could also have a live meeting to get a better idea what you want to do and how to reach it. Please write me a personal message with your contact data to do so.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist