Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

No engine motion with v1.18

No engine motion with v1.18

alink
New Contributor

Hello,

I was a longer time off from ctrlX but started again now.

First I updated all apps to 1.18.

But now it is not possible to get any motion with PLC or Motion App on ctrlX.

When doing commissioning with ctrlX there is just a simulated speed and postion feedback but no real motion.

I don't see any mistake in configuration.

With PLC there is a power on button in a VISU but there is no reaction at the drive.

Doing EasyStartUp with ctrlX DRIVE then eveything is working.

It is used:

IndraDrive MPB20 with EtherCat => status OP

PLC, EtherCatMaster, Motion and all other apps are updated to 1.18

ctrlX Works is updated to 1.18 as well and a new download was done.

Before, with v1.16, it worked...

EDIT:

Found a mistake, no profil was assigned for the axis. Now power can be switched on/off but still no movement and no error....

6 REPLIES 6

Michael_A
Long-established Member

Can you please provide your actual configuration here.

Solved. See comment above: "...no profil was assigned for the axis..."

With adding the missing profile it is possible to switch on power.

That power is on is seen in ctrlXDrive Eng. and heared by the beep sound of the engine.

But still no movement.

Today a strange error appears: target speed is higher than limit.

Target speed is 100rpm, limit in axis is set to 10000rpm. But error thinks a limit of 10rpm?

alink_0-1676361541935.jpeg

Using a speed of 10rpm works without an error.

But: in real, there is no movement.

Power is on so there is a reaction of the real drive. I don't understand what the issue is for "zero" movement.

alink_1-1676361728826.jpeg

Attached there is a config file.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Some hints:

There at the moment to automatic transfer of any drive settings to our ctrlX MOTION or other way around. So you have limits in your axis and also limits in the ctrlX MOTION. On your screenshot you can see all your limits are in rad/s. You should use the same (or slightly less in ctrlX MOTION) limits with the same units on both sides, to reduce possible confusion.

The error shown is coming up directly from the motion that does not know the limits set in the drive but is checking its own settings.

Also as we do not have any gear settings of the drive it is hard to tell how much the real axis should move with your command. 10rpm could be to slow or to less to be seen by human eye. So could you add a parameter save of the drive.

Thanks for some hints I checked them.

In ctrlXDRVIE settings there is no limitation which should limit ctrlXMOTION

drive.JPG

 Here: ctrlXMOTION and ctrlXDRIVE

in MOTION there is a speed of 1000rpm (with jogging 1000rpm is accepted...) but in DRIVE there is <> 0rpm (just some flickering of +/-5...10rpm)

drive2.JPG

 If power is OFF than in DRIVE axis status is A0012. So the connection between MOTION (and the same with the PLC and VISU) and DRIVE is existing and working. The position feedback is available as well.

With the VISU:

POWER ON:

visu1.JPG

 POWER OFF

visu2.JPG

 Another strange thing:

If starting the "Demo" should started engine commands for rotate right and left. At the same time a pneumatic valve is switched.

The engine commands are requested with ".Admin.CmdDone".

Engine doesn't rotate but pneumatic valve is switched. ".AdminCmdDone" is set TRUE automatically.

It seems like there is a virtual / simulated movement.... is this a possible option?

In ctrlxDRIVE the simulation mode is OFF.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We found that the setting of the startup parameter in the ctrlX IO Engineering of S-0-0001 and S-0-0002 was set to 4000µS and so the HCS drive discarded the incoming EtherCat telegrams. The parameters normally have to be 2000µS and the setting changed by updating the device in the engineering tool. After changing back to default value everything was working fine:

ctrlX DRIVE Engineering startup parameters HCSctrlX DRIVE Engineering startup parameters HCS

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist