Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

3D Viewer app - linking to Kinematics

3D Viewer app - linking to Kinematics

bschmidt
New Contributor

Hello,

I am testing the 3D Viewer app with RM21.11 on M4. So far I can maniuplate the demo model in offline mode, but I cannot connect it to the actual robot running on the CORE. I can see there is a dialog to set this connection, but every time I click OK and go back into it the entries are missing and the model is stuck at 0,0,0 when I connect regardless of actual position. I don't have a license installed for 3D Viewer yet, could this be a symptom of missing license? I don't get any warning about missing license, it looks like it should be working.

P.S. Motion topic seemed the best fit for this post, but if there is a different place I should post about misc. apps please let me know.

Best regards,

Brian

bschmidt_1-1638898440852.png

6 REPLIES 6

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you please add a system report so we get some more insight?

system report.png

KarstenK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello bschmidt,

there is the restriction, that with the demo model it is not possible to configure the data layer path for axes. If you want to test this model, you have to configure with the MOTION app a cartesian kinematics with the axis names X, Y and Z. The demo model is possible to use also without a 3D Viewer license. 

Hello Karsten,

That worked - thank you!

Best regards,

Brian

I'm not sure how many customers will pay for Virtual Machine Builder and use this to generate CAD models of their machine. But I imagine the demo model will be useful to visualize the motion and toolpath, even if the mechanics don't match the real machine. Is there a plan to increase the functionality of the demo model of the 3D Viewer app? A few thoughts:

1. Allow freely configurable Data Layer linking to axes (axes don't have to be called 'X', 'Y', 'Z')

2. User can specify custom ranges that are adapted to the animation. For example, they can specify that the that full range of X travel in the animation corresponds to 0 to 1000 mm, -1000 to 1000 mm, or whatever is the case.

3. Optional grippers/tools

4. Possibly have a few choices for demo models, choice A,B,C...so user can choose closest match to their actual configuration.

Maybe we could offer a 3D Viewer app upgrade license to enable these features if we can't justify it as part of the base functionality. 

Best regards,

Brian

KarstenK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Brian,

thank you for your feedback and your ideas, which we need and appreciate. I will discuss the ideas with the developer team. 

We are just getting started with the provision of the 3D Viewer app for ctrlX CORE and collect customer feedback. Customers have typically a lot of ideas for further improvements. But our intension was to provide a low-cost and easy-to-use app, for example as a part of the HMI of every machine or robot for simple 3D visualization. Therefore it cannot and will not compete with more powerful (and more expensive) simulation systems, like the iPhysics software from our ctrlX World partner machineering. 

If a customer wants to use the 3D Viewer app for several kinematics, he has to buy the Virtual Machine Builder once. As an alternative we can generate a kinematics model based on customers CAD data  as a service. 

Best regards.

Karsten

Hello Karsten,

Thank you for the consideration and feedback to my comments. Regarding CAD as a service, do you have any guide how we provide this service to our customers? Meaning, if a customer is interested in this option, how do they get started?

Best regards,

Brian

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist