Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Grafana plugins installation

Grafana plugins installation

raghu
New Poster

Hello,

I am having a problem with plugins installation of the Grafana.

I wanted to install a plugin into the Grafana application  so I used the WebDav to transfer a plugin but unfortunately I am unable to do so. On closer inspection on manage app data interface. I found that all the files are write protected. I currently have the Solutions(manage app data) app version of 1.20.0

Can you please help me resolve the issue.

I am attaching all the necessary screenshots below.

Thanks and regards,

Raghavendra

8 REPLIES 8

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Raghavendra, 

do you use the IoT Dashboard App form Bosch Rexroth? Here you can install plugins via the web-interface of grafana. 

If you connect from your self created snap to the solutions you can define in the package manifest if you want to set your directory to writeProtected or not. By default it is set to writeProtected. See the documentation on how to do that. 

Best regards, 

Nick

hello Nick,

First of all thankyou very much for the information.

I did as you instructed but i unable to see any option where i can download directly from the webinterface.

And i dont think we can download using grafana cli as grafana is running inside a virtual machine.I am attaching the screenshot of the specific plugin i wanted to install.

thanks and regards,

raghavendra

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The question is: Do you use the Bosch Rexroth Grafana App called IoT Dashboard App? 
-> In this case it works out of the box, if you got network connection

Or do you use your self created snap? 
-> In this case you have to do it by yourself. The link I mentioned can help you to not set the solutions folder to writeProtected

Best regards, 

Nick 

hey Nick,

Yes, I am using the official IOT dashboard app but still I am unable to install the plugin.

From what i see on the webinterface there is only two ways to install the plugins

1.  Using the grafana CLI which is not possible because we the SSH connection is blocked.

2.  Copying the plugin directly into the plugin folder using webDav, but the plugin folder is not available on webapp directory.

Please refer to my screenshot below

Am i supposed to create the data/plugin folder myself?

thanks and regards,

raghavendra 

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Raghavendra, 

now that I know that you are using our offical IoT Dashboard App, I will forward this question to our development team. 

I will let you know, when I got news for you. 

Best regards, 

Nick 

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I just found out, that we don't support this in the current version of the IoT Dashboard App. 

I created a feature request for this. I will keep you updated if I got news for you. 

Best regards, 

Nick 

hi Nick,

thankyou very much.I will be waiting for the update.

regards,

raghavendra

nickH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @raghu 

it's possible to install Grafana Plugins in the IoT Dashboard app since V02.02. 

To install the Grafana plugin do this:

1. Download the Grafana plugin for the right arch (amd or arm) from GrafanaLabs
  2. Upload the plugin (zip file) to ctrlX App Data.
    1. Go to App Data
    2. Go to the folder "IoT-Dashboard/data/plugins"
    3. Upload the plugin-zip here
    4. Select "Extract content in the upload file dialog
  3. Go to Settings -> Apps and restart the IoT Dashboard App

Best regards

Nick

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist