Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Reconfiguration of Ethercat devices From Ctrlx Core

Reconfiguration of Ethercat devices From Ctrlx Core

ArcherThompson
Established Member

We have a lot of machines that are commisioned with very similiar sets of motor and I/O configurations depending on what options are selected by the customers. I assume somewhere in the /snap/Ethercat/current directory or /var/snap/Ethercat/current directory there is a config file such as an .xml that is defining the setup. I cant seem to find this though. I would ideally like to be able to create a quick config tool so our service techs can alter the configuration in the field without having to use ctrlx IO. I plan to do this with a custom app but am also open to suggestions. 

4 REPLIES 4

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

Hello
an alternative can be, for example different configurations are existing, to use a script via REST to load/replace the current active configuration with an archived project in managed app data. May other data is different, too. By-the-way the ctrlX IO Engineering has a REST interface as well.
May somebody else have any other solution.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Location is ActiveConfiguration/comm.ethercat.master/config/<name of master instance>/ethercat.xml

If the number of variants is not that high I would recommend the method mentioned by @cc2go: Add all files for all possible configurations and then use a app or external tool to load the one you like to use to the EtherCat master. It can be used own app, PLC, Node-RED, WebDAV or REST based PC tool.

The other solution for a big number of variants is to manipulated the existing xml or create a total new one. The main problem here is to create a working xml without error and you need all the information about all devices that should be commissioned (device description files) to do so.

@cc2go  and @CodeShepherd I apperciate it. This should work. There are not to many configurations so that should work.

Here is an example app for the CORE using WebDAV to update the EtherCAT configuration xml. 

ctrlX etherCAT Configuration Interface 

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist