Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

CONNECT S20 MODULE TO CTRLX DRIVE

CONNECT S20 MODULE TO CTRLX DRIVE

TN_X
Established Member

Hi all,

Im doing connection from S20-DI-64/1 to ctrlX drive by using EtherCat coupler.

In the ctrlX I/O Engineering I can scan and see my I/O module. But, when I transfer to field bus configuration then the state of EtherCat master in ctrlX work only show the "Pre-OP" state. Please see my attached picture below. If you have any experence to solve this issue please share with me.

P/S: The light "D" in S20-DI-64/1 module is still red flashing.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

In your scan dialogue it looks like you only have connected to the EtherCat master the bus coupler but no IOs to it. Or they are not recognized. 

Could you check the online status in ctrlX IO Engineering and also the status lights at the IO module?

TN_X
Established Member

Hi CodeShepherd,

It didnt recognize the I/O module actually, in the I/O module the "D" led was flashing. I have to add sub-module manually.

Thank you!

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

So as long as there is a difference between actually working and configured topology the bus cannot boot up to OP. So could you get it to run?

TN_X
Established Member

Hi CodeShepherd,

No, I cant not get it run. I think there is a problem in the bus connection, that's why "D" led flashing.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

I agree in the documentation is mentioned that flashing red means "The device is ready for operation but there is no connection to the
previously existing device". Please check back plane bus, if pins are bent/broken.

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

which version of ctrlX Works / IO Engineering are you using?

Which version of ESI of S20-EC-BK does you use? You can find on the information tab.

TN_X
Established Member

Hi,

I use ctrlXworks & I/O engineering  Ver: 1.12.7.

TN_X
Established Member

Hi,

My bus coupler has been bented, and I correct them then I/O module connected already.

Highly appriciate for your supporting.

cc2go
Occasional Contributor

We identified two issues

1. Like it was written, a Pin was bend on the bus coupler, this explain red flashing LED
  2. ESI device description file provide EoE support, but the current S20-EC-BK till AC1 isn't supporting
    1. S20-EC-BK =< AC1 need S20-EC-BK_019.xml or S20-EC-BK_023_eoe_patch.xml (attached)
    2. S20-EC-BK >= AD1 works fine with S20-EC-BK_023.xml
Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist