Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Empty Frequency Analysis

Empty Frequency Analysis

Emielle
New Poster

When trying to do a frequency analysis using ctrlX compact drive in combination with an MSK motor I get the message "Excitation Amplitude needs to be configured", and the detailed view on the Oscilloscope is empty for all the tests.

I find no documentation on how to set the excitation amplitude nor a description of what it is or how it works.

Please could I have some advice on this topic? The tests have always worked fine on Indradrive with 2nd gen control.

10 REPLIES 10

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Could you please add a parameter export of all parameter to this post, so we can get some more information which devices and settings are used?

Hi CodeShepherd,

Please see the parameter file attached.

Drives_Uwe
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Normally the sequence is like shown in here and works exactly the same with ctrlX DRIVE as with IndraDrive
Freqresp.png

1. Activate "Easy Startup mode"
2. Press the Icon and you will get a suggestion value for the excitation (like in here the value 235,3729)
3. Take over this excitation value by pressing the icon
4. Enable the drive
5. Carry out the frequency response analysis
6. Evaluate the frequency response analysis

Hello Uwe,

Correct this is the method I follow, all the below points are green and the test runs as expected 

Emielle_0-1717658451881.png

However the display results is always empty (no reading/graph). This is true for all six possible tests. I am running the tests after having done an autotune, and accepting the reccommended parameters.

Which Drive Engineering Version are you using?

Hello Gunnar,

This is the version I have

Emielle_0-1717677625228.png

There is a 1.28.1 ctrlX DRIVE Engineering available in the collaboration room. Try this version.

Another hint is to close the oscilloscope and then start the frequency analysis. The oscilloscope will be opened at the end of the measurement.

I have re-tested with 1.28.1.

The result is the same, all steps run perfectly including measurment. But my display results remain empty.

After Autotune procedure, all of the tests are empty. Before the autotune, I get a graph for Current loop analysis, and for Analysis of speed loop, but all the other measurements are empty as well.

For more information, this is on my Windows 10 laptop. I found the same results on a customer's Windows 10 IPC.

Reason for the reported behaviour of "Empty frequency analysis" is the slow communication from PC over the ctrlX CORE to DRIVE.

If using a direct USB connection over the pannel erverything is working fine.

Another solotion for this issue is to activate the EoE communication from the ctrlX CORE to the DRIVE. Please follow the instructions given in the HowTo

https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/Store-and-How-to/Establish-connection-to-ctrlX-DRIVE...

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist