I've scoured the forum for a solution to my problem, but couldn't find anything that related to it, directly. I've got a ctrlX core with a pretty standard IP address. I'm connected to port XF10, and I can ping the device via command prompt, but that's as much "access" as I'm getting. CtrlX Works can't discover the device, and adding the IP address by hand does not yield any results (i.e., the software still says the core is offline). Typing the IP address on a browser, or trying this solution does not do anything. The device is also not visible on the network. Has anyone ever encountered such an issue? Any help you can provide me would be much appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
If ctrlX CORE cannot be seen/connected at all I would suggest that either there is more then one device with the same IP in the Network (so ping to any device is posible), the network settings of the Ethernet port of the engineering PC is not fitting (e.g. DHCP only) or a VPN/Firewall is blocking the communication.
Hello, and thanks for the swift reply. My issue with it is that is that, despite having different IPs within the same range, and having a direct connection between the PC and the core, and nothing else, ctrlX Works still can't detect it. The PC's IP has been adjusted accordingly (not DHCP). If I ping the core's IP, I can see that the mac-address is the same as the core's, so I'm able to ping it, and not just some random device on the network. Lastly, I've checked that ctrlX Works is not being blocked by the firewall. Curiously enough, I used the exact same setup at my Bosch-Rexroth training, and everything worked fine, so I'm not entirely sure what could have been changed since then. Thanks, once again.
Edit: I managed to get ctrlX Works to see the core, via a virtual machine, but I still had no brower access to it (it kept saying "the requested URL was not found on this server"). I had to start PLC engineering, compile and download an empty project onto the core, stop the "PLC" and, only then, was I able to access the web environment. Not sure if this was a single or multiple issues happening at the same time, but it's now working, at least for the time being. Thanks for your help.
It sounds quite strange but good to hear it is working for you at the moment. If you have further problems for this topic feel free to write me a private message with your contact data, so we could check the setup together.