Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

SSH to the core disabled

SSH to the core disabled

nishimura
Established Member

Hello Guys

This is a late reaction since i was playing with an old version of ctrlX, but it seems that SSH access is already disabled on ctrlX core. Phisical and Virtual. And this seems a part of a plan to increase security, according to this tread:

https://developer.community.boschrexroth.com/t5/ctrlX-CORE/SSH-Intro-CtrlX-Core/m-p/17690

My question is how to have ssh access with superuser rights now that this disabled by default.

Also, my two cents on this subject, is that closing access to ssh and superuser will create an artificial barrier from our solution and the Linux community. 😥

2 REPLIES 2

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

See "How to activate SSH communication in a ctrlX CORE".

The SSH connection was closed because of security reasons. To activate it again you need to have a special system user. Please get in contact with your known sales contact person to request it. Or have a look to the contact area on our homepage.

This for development purposes only! Your ctrlX CORE will be marked as unsafe device further on an must not be used in production mode. You will have to sign a corresponding agreement. Afterwards you will get an assertion file that can be imported to the ctrlX CORE via the user management page and adds the system / root user.

Please always add following information to your request:

• Your full name and company
  • What you need root access for
  • Serial number of your ctrlX CORE
  • ctrlX CORE device type (virtual, X3, X7, OS, ...)
  • Wanted username and password
  • Usage period (max one year)

Note:
  • A new user will be created with this assertion. There must not be already a user with the same name on the system.
  • Username must start with lower case letter [a-z] or with '_'
  • Username may contain lower case letters [a-z], digits [0-9], '_' or '-'. It may end with '$'
  • For the virtual control there is a bug that the system user is gone in the version 1.8.x. You can use the assertion file attached. This will be fixed from version 1.10 in RM 21.07 on.
  • From version 1.18 on the system will permanently show a warning because your system could be comprised by the root user:
    Security: User management warning · System user exists · user management
    080E0300 / 0C7A0057 · 23.01.2023 11:07:20.690

Hello, I am a new employee of Rexroth,there are some question about this topic ,I prepare build a app by SDK(C++),but I donnot know how to debug my function ,because some function need like datalayer ,trace,scheduler... and I search the topic in commuity,then I found maybe I can use "gdb service " to remote debug?(I donnt know whether there have mistake about understand),in document(Debugging of Snaps) it told me I need a root user? so I want know how to get it which used in a vitural core.or you can tell me which department or people I can ask about those question? I will tell my boss to connect by the way of company,I need a professional help about SDK debug knowledge,please!!!

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist