Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

SSH Intro CtrlX Core

SSH Intro CtrlX Core

jimiDMBthing
Established Member

I have never been able to SSH into my CtrlX Core Demo.  I've tried using PowerShell on Windows with OpenSSH enabled.  I've also tried putty.  I have the standard boschrexroth user configured on the demo.  I always fail with the password for some reason.  Is there a setting or security issue I'm missing when trying to SSH?  The SSH protocol status in the CtrlX web portal shows activated.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

CodeWasi
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

yes the standard-PW is not working. And in future the SSH connection gets closed soon.

I am going to contact you if you need further details.

bye Jens

mlaml
Established Member

Hi,

unfortunately this is not 100% correct Jens.

To enable SSH access, a user must be member of the group "sshuser". You can check this via the user's details tab, in this case: Users & Permissions -> Users -> boschrexroth -> Groups. If the box for sshuser is not checked, the user is not allowed to login via SSH.

By default, currently the following settings apply:

• SSH is activated
  • boschrexroth is not a member of the "sshuser" group (and therefore not permitted to log in via SSH)
  • The password is identical to the one that you configured for the user's web access

Unfortunately - most likely by design, due to security considerations - the SSH server does disclose as few details as possible about the reason why a connection attempt failed. Usually, it just states "Authentication failed". 

In future releases, the default behaviour of the system might change in one aspect: SSH might be disabled by default. Nevertheless, as an administrator you always may decide to re-enable SSH via the sidebar entry.

One last remark: Although you are able to access the system via SSH, the boschrexroth user only provides limited access to the system. It does not provide superuser privileges.

Kind regards,

Michael

bschmidt
New Contributor

Hello,

For Rexroth application engineers, is there a super user login we are allowed to use to give us higher permissions with SSH?

Thanks,

Brian

There are no hidden users for internal engineers. There are following options:

• Activation of access on a development device: A root access is created by specifying the serial number. The device is now permanently stored in our database as a development device. This mechanism is intended for our developers, but not for putting a device into operation.
  • Temporary activation in case of service: In exceptional cases, it may be necessary to create a temporary superuser in case of service (for example to modify system files). For this special exceptional case, there are "service" assertions that allow a time-limited root access (usually 1-2 days initially) which is automatically deleted.

EDIT: See this thread for news  to this topic.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist