Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

PLC cannot be started with EtherCAT Master error after booting

PLC cannot be started with EtherCAT Master error after booting

Masayuki

Hello,

I would like to ask about EtherCAT Master App and PLC App.

I use ctrlX CORE X3 with XB_EC_12 and some I/O modules and EFC (EtherCAT).  After booting up, EFC cannot go to OP status and Fieldbus error occurs (The others can go to OP status.)

EFC can go to OP if I changed manually the phase from INIT to OP step by step. So I make a program to change the phase after PLC tasks are started. However, PLC tasks cannot be started if EtherCAT master has any trouble when booting up, so my program cannot be started...

Currently, I have to do a manual operation to start the program properly (clicking "RUN" button), but I wish the communication is properly established and starting the program automatically...

I attached the project files and some info, so could you please give me some advices?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

There is in general no reason for the PLC application not to start, if EtherCat does neither.

What the error shown in the EtherCat master for the EFC?
Could you please check correct shielding and grounding of the EFC's power cabling to avoid EMC disturbance?
Could you add a system report of the ctrlX CORE to this topic? (See "
How to generate a system report and switch on additional traces [DOCU]")

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Please see the attached system report.

I confirmed that the status after booting up (without EFC in EtherCAT Master). EtherCAT Master is running, but the PLC cannot start automatically. (Please see the attached Excel file)

Am I missing any of setting in ctrlX?

Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry for posting again and again.

I changed priority of the PLC task, then the EtherCAT Master was in "Running" status after booting up.

However, the PLC status is always "STOP" after booting up... Is there any other setting I have to check?

Thank you.

Hello,

I found the cause.

I accidentally deleted "schedBackground" in the Scheduler. After adding it, PLC can start automatically after booting up.

This is 100% my mistake... I am so sorry for troubling you for this issue...

Thank you very much for your kind support.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist