cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

How can I upload a file, e.g. a configuration for my machine and how can I access this file

How can I upload a file, e.g. a configuration for my machine and how can I access this file

MrLurtle
Established Member

Hi,

my customer has an issue regarding the configuration of a machine. He wants to upload a configuration file (can be *.csv or *.xml) and want to access this file in different applications.

What is the preferred way, to upload such a single configuration file to the ctrlX?

If I upload the file, how can I access this file from other apps? For example, if I upload the file via FTP, I have not the necessary security rights, to access this files in an app.

I found only the way using the Configurations mechanism, to upload files to the ctrlX. But in my opinions it is not very intuitive and I have no idea, where I can find the uploaded files and how to access this via other apps.

Can you please give me an idea, how to solve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The app data (aka configurations) folder is the easiest way for uploading data and sharing them with different apps. Therefore you can use following ways:

1. Using a WebDAV client to manipulate the data inside the app data. See this post.
  2. Upload a complete app data archive and activate it.

To get to this data from other apps you can use the following path. See e.g. this topic.

/var/snap/rexroth-solutions/common/solutions/activeConfiguration/

Hi,

it would be nice, if I can upload the files directly in the active configurations. Now I have to use a 3rd party software, to solve this issue or otherwise i have to go the complicated way (downloading configurations, editing archive and add my config-file, uploading archive).

But for now, it works for my customer. 

Thanks for your fast help.

So you/your customer would like to upload this file via the web page of the ctrX CORE directly without using any further tool? E.g. via drag&drop or upload button to the app data?

yes correct.

if you have the correct / necessary user rights, you can upload a file in your configuration. This file is accessable via other apps and you can use these files in your applications.

This actually not included but we will take it as a feature for further versions. Thanks for bringing this up.

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist