Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

DRIVE connect app 1.16?

DRIVE connect app 1.16?

LunatiX
New Contributor

Where can I find the DRIVE connect app V1.16 for the RM22.07 release?

19 REPLIES 19

KarstenK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The release of the DRIVE Connect App v1.16 is planned for end of August.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@KarstenK, was this released?  

We are actually in the last steps of the releasing process. Stay tuned, we will write here as soon as it is downloadable.

KarstenK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello LunatiX,

the DRIVE Connect App v1.16 is available now in our ctrlX collaboration room in the area with the pre-release versions. Please try.

Regards, Karsten

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@KarstenK, does this version have drive backup and restore utilites that can be access through a plc application?

Drive Connect App 1.16 has parameter restore utility. Parameter backup utility is planned in Drive Connect App 1.18.

Device backup and restore including firmware is not planned.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@Vinayaka, is is documented how to use this feature? Do you have a link? I have not been able to find that. 

User documentation for DCA 1.18 will be published after the release last week of November. Parameter backup/restore implementation procedure for client application (e.g, ctrlX DRIVE engineering, PLC application etc) explained in user document. 

We don't have PLC FBs developed for backup/restore over DCA.

Kookoolinoo
Established Member

Hi,

There is a new release of the Drive Connect app - currently V1.18 - but it is not available for download yet - BTW: @CodeShepherd : do you think it can be put on the download room?

But finally we have a very nice docu for DrivE connect app- which has many nice functionalities - e.g. like adding drives from other subnest via REST/API - please see here 

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this documentation @Kookoolinoo. I am wondering if you have some examples. In some ways the documentation is not clear. 

@CodeShepherd, is there a way to perform this operation from the PLC application without having to do DL_Read/WriteNode? Where is the data actually being stored? Can it be removed from the controller? 

@aFouraker I guess you mean parameter backup/restore with "this operation"? There is a function in preparation to do this automatically for all parameter coming up with the 1.20 version of the CriveConnect app.

The read data will be stored wherever you put it to. you can use PLC libraries to send them where ever you like. Our standard file handling mechanism is to store the file in the active configuration (app data folder) in the ctrlX CORE and then use a WebDAV client to get it from there. See also this topic.

Like mentioned above, there are no prebuild function blocks for the PLC available up to now. @Kookoolinoo correct me if I am wrong or add another actual status for them.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@CodeShepherd, yes that is correct. So that I understand, are you saying there are libraries coming for the PLC applicaiton that will create a parameter backup for the drives that appear under the 1.20 version of the drive connect app? 

Yesterday I could never get the stauts to appear correclty (would say not started) though when I tried to donwload the file it clearly had worked because the byte array was large. The drive also showed C22 continously and the only way to remove that was to cancel it directly on the drive. @Kookoolinoo , if you have some examples or video that show the complete steps for parameter backup/restore and file save/load that would be great!

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@CodeShepherd, what is the latest on this? Is there documentation on how to use the backup and restore feature in the latest versions? What about PLC blocks?  

@aFouraker  I am planning to make a guide, i have to wait the new version 😁. I am going to do it via node-red and not via PLC. It is more easy and gives also the possibility to manage data from uSD and USB sticks 🙂

I talked to our R&D and we agree that PLC function blocks would be very useful. But up to now this is feature in the backlog and I do not have a release date for it.

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@MauroRiboniMX, were you able to make an exmaple in nodered?

Hello aFouraker, 

I tried the new version ad it is working but it is not yet available. I have seen that the official 1.2.x app has now an example with node-red inthe official docu. 

Node-Red DCApp for parameters. 

Give a look to it. 

Mauro

aFouraker
Occasional Contributor

@MauroRiboniMX, thanks for the link. The documentation has example for save but not restore. Have you been able to succesfully restore? 

Hello, 

I was also not able to run this feature. i will investigate what we can do

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist