Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Communication settings

Communication settings

always
New Poster

I'd like to ask a question about ctrlx communicating with an external device to transfer data

I have a USB device, he will virtualize the USB port into a standard device such as a network card after plugging it into the host computer, and the user only needs to complete the input and output of data from this device through the operation of the standard device interface (e.g., socket programming for networking).

What I need to do is:
1, the device is inserted into the host computer will be virtualized as a network card device

2, the host computer needs to be virtual network card configuration, configuration IP 192.168.180.1, to ensure that the host computer and the device in the middle of the network connection is normal

3, the host computer to run client program, connect to the server successfully, send inference request, from the USB device to get the return results

Now I want ctrlx core to be the host of this USB device, how should I do it?

I would like to thank you for all the answers.

5 REPLIES 5

Marc-Smaak
Established Member

I tested connecting a USB to ETH device to the USB port of the ctrlX core. This does not seem to be suppored, if you connect a WLan dongle you will get this as an extra network interface in your network interaces menu. This does not happen with USB-to-ETH I tried multiple. You can use howver both XF10 and XF51 if you need multiple Ethernet interfaces bith with their own IP settings.

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

If an USB device is working on the ctrlX CORE is mainly depending if the needed driver is part of our kernel and so the chipset of the USB device is supported. See online documentation and/or this thread for more information.

Hi,

sorry for late reply! i just finished my vacation

The USB device I'm using is a TB-RK 1808S0, a neural network computing stick, and I'd like to use the active mode he provides for ctrlx core to boost the math when reasoning about neural networks.
In the description of how his active mode works, it is described as follows:

"The model and algorithm are solidified in RK1808. In the artificial intelligence computing stick, the upper computer only needs to input In the artificial intelligence computing stick, the upper computer only needs to input data (such as pictures and video streams) to the computing stick through the USB port. completes the pre-processing, inference, and post-processing of the data, and then passes the processing results through the USB port Output to the host computer. The host computer here can be any platform with USB interface and any operating system, including x86/x64/arm32/arm64 linux/windows/mac os and single-chip microcomputer. and single-chip microcomputer, raspberry pie, etc..."

I would like to ask if I can perform such a task on ctrlx core. This question has been bothering me for quite some time now, looking forward to a guide.

see details for TB-RK 1808S0:(active mode development)

TB-RK3399ProD wiki (rock-chips.com)

Grateful beyond words!

I am very confused by the fact that the developers of the TB-RK 1808S0 state that the TB-RK 1808S0 can be used by any upscaler that can communicate with sockets via USB, whereas the ctrlx core community is:

always_1-1696840649636.png

Even specified Wifi dongles are required to adapt, not any NIC device!

So can I use this device on ctrlx core or not? A guide is very much needed

Pls forgive me if I have misunderstood

Krauskopf
Established Member

Please note, that RNDIS based devices are not support on ctrlX OS.

The reason is, that the support for the proprietary RNDIS protocol on linux is officially marked as "broken" by the linux maintainers. This is mainly due to security reasons. Please see here for the official announcement on the linux kernel mailinglist: https://lwn.net/Articles/915828/ or from other resources like: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-Disabling-RNDIS-Drivers

As we take the security integrity of ctrlX OS and CORE very serious we do not recommend to rely on RNDIS based technology.

However, we currently implement support for alternative AI accelerators for ctrlX CORE which do not have this issue. Maybe this can be an alternative for you? See for example our partnership with Hailo (https://apps.boschrexroth.com/microsites/ctrlx-automation/en/ctrlx-world/partner/hailo-en/), that you can also experience yourself as a solution on the upcoming SPS fair in Nürnberg.https://apps.boschrexroth.com/microsites/ctrlx-automation/en/news-stories/story/ctrlx-automation-sps...

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist