Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOLVED

Barcode scanner

Barcode scanner

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm looking for a simple option to connect a 1D/2D barcode handheld reader to the core and devellop an app to get the barcode in the datalayer. Does anyone have experience with that?

Is there any support for barcode readers with the USB-C port on the Core?

Greetings,

Leon

6 REPLIES 6

CodeShepherd
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

At the moment the USB functionality is quite limited please see this thread for more information.

Actually Ethernet based protocols are possible for connecting devices to the ctrlX CORE like EtherCat, IO-Link, UDP, socket and so on.

E_Stapel
Long-established Member

Hello @CodeShepherd ,

do you have any experience of the use of barcode scanner with ethernet based protocols? If yes, which protocol did you use and do you have recommendations for a barcode scanner?

Thank you!

Up to now I only did tests with EtherCat based barcode scanners. They were quite straight forward to implement into our system. But I cannot give you a recommendation as only general data access was tested.

Hello,

I used them with node-red and TCP, i know that someone used one with a USB serial interface (always in node-red) but are all self made solution.

E_Stapel
Long-established Member

Hello @CodeShepherd 

how did you implemented your EtherCAT based Barcode Scanner? Actually I try a barcode scanner and a EtherCAT - IO-Link (SR-EC1) of Keyence. On the ethercatmaster I can find the IO-Link but I´m not able to see his channels and therefore no input values of the scanner. 

E_Stapel_2-1699539508801.png

I already saw an example of an ifm IO-Link that it should work. Is this Device not usable for the CtrlX or did I have incorrect settings?

Best Regards

Elias

Thanks in advance!

I used a barcode scanner from sick that showed up automatically with all its data in the EtherCat.

For IO-Link devices especially there are different ways of implementing them into EtherCat. Many of them are using proprietary mechanism that were introduced in CODESYS that are currently not supported by the ctrlX CORE.

See how tos for working/tested EtherCat devices in the "Collection of how to videos, blogs and examples for ctrlX AUTOMATION".

Icon--AD-black-48x48Icon--address-consumer-data-black-48x48Icon--appointment-black-48x48Icon--back-left-black-48x48Icon--calendar-black-48x48Icon--center-alignedIcon--Checkbox-checkIcon--clock-black-48x48Icon--close-black-48x48Icon--compare-black-48x48Icon--confirmation-black-48x48Icon--dealer-details-black-48x48Icon--delete-black-48x48Icon--delivery-black-48x48Icon--down-black-48x48Icon--download-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--externallink-black-48x48Icon-Filledforward-right_adjustedIcon--grid-view-black-48x48IC_gd_Check-Circle170821_Icons_Community170823_Bosch_Icons170823_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-logout170821_Icons_Community170825_Bosch_Icons170821_Icons_CommunityIC-shopping-cart2170821_Icons_CommunityIC-upIC_UserIcon--imageIcon--info-i-black-48x48Icon--left-alignedIcon--Less-minimize-black-48x48Icon-FilledIcon--List-Check-grennIcon--List-Check-blackIcon--List-Cross-blackIcon--list-view-mobile-black-48x48Icon--list-view-black-48x48Icon--More-Maximize-black-48x48Icon--my-product-black-48x48Icon--newsletter-black-48x48Icon--payment-black-48x48Icon--print-black-48x48Icon--promotion-black-48x48Icon--registration-black-48x48Icon--Reset-black-48x48Icon--right-alignedshare-circle1Icon--share-black-48x48Icon--shopping-bag-black-48x48Icon-shopping-cartIcon--start-play-black-48x48Icon--store-locator-black-48x48Ic-OverlayAlertIcon--summary-black-48x48tumblrIcon-FilledvineIc-OverlayAlertwhishlist